GO!

nervous about house developing "cat smell"

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Malice

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 11:21am PST 
just make sure you keep on top of cleaning the litter tray. You can also buy litter tray deoderants, although some cats do not like them. Also if you feed your cat a diet of only dry food then it will keep the smelly poos at bay. Vacuuming regularly is essential at least once a week, more often around the liter tray. You can also try keeping an air freshener by the tray too, keep away from citrus scented ones as cats do not like it.
[notify]

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Thu Oct 3, '13 5:07pm PST 
Hi! Glad to hear you're already doing prevention! I have a litter box just insider my front door and guests have commented numerous times that there is no smell. Here are my tips, many of which echo other posters. A diet high in protein, moderate in fats and low in carbs keeps poops small and less stinky. I have two cats and two litter boxes. I scoop twice or three times daily into a small bag-lined snap lid garbage bin. After I scoop, I spray the litter remaining in the boxes with Nok-Out (it's an amazing, safe, versatile product). I also spray the poop and pee balls that are in the bin, which helps keep the smell down in the bin. I do a full clean of each litter box once a week, which includes throwing out all the litter in it, and washing the boxes out with hot water and Nok Out. I let them air dry and then spray some more Nok Out before I refill with litter. I use Odour Buster clumping litter. It's a Canadian company and really reasonably priced in my area. I also have a Bath and Body Works wallflower plug close (but not too close) to each box. I also sweep the scattered litter and spray the area the boxs sits with Nok Out each time I was the boxes. I do spend a lot of money on litter, however, I love having a good smelling home!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2