GO!

The Rare Sandy Exquisicat Litter...

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Purred: Sat Aug 3, '13 6:08pm PST 
Hello to all, My name is Felix, I live in Tucson, AZ, and have three cats that I've had since they were born, and a fourth who was a stray who wandered into my yard, and has since become a member of the family, tho he prefers to stay outside...

This is my first topic on this forum, tho this is not my first 'Cat Forum'... I was unable to find any info on the other forum I use, so I thot I'd try here. And yes, the spelling of 'tho' and 'thot' is intentional; just my version of netspeak!

Anyway, as mentioned in the title, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Exquisicat brand of cat litter as sold by Petsmart. With the amount of cat litter I go thru around here, their 40 lbs box for around $10 was too good a deal to pass up... I've used that brand for years, and it was always the same, nothing special, but worked.

Then, about a year ago, I bought a few boxes on sale marked 'new formulation', that didn't have the usual large-grain 'litter' texture, but instead was as fine as salt, like beach sand, or silica sand, and was medium-gray in color. It was, without a doubt, the BEST LITTER EVER. It produced NO dust, despite its ultra-fine texture, clumped like concrete, and LASTED FOREVER. One box of that lasted at least twice as long as the normal stuff. It was fantastic.

But, like EVERY OTHER good product I find that I really like and that really works, it disappeared almost immediately, and I haven't been able to find it since. I've called all the local Petsmart stores, and only one employee has even known what I was talking about, altho they had no idea that it had gone back to the larger granular formula.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Was it a test run that they discontinued? Cos it was too good? I've tried every kind of litter since then, and NONE are like this rare, impossible to find, sand-texture Exquisicat litter... If anyone knows anything about this, please PLEASE let me know!

Thanks and take care...! wavewavewave
[notify]