GO!

Litter Box Stink

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Bratsky

Purred: Tue Jul 30, '13 4:51pm PST 
I went to using wood pellets, the kind sold as Equine bedding or stove pellets. The pellets absorb urine very well and do a much better job of controlling urine and feces odors better than any litter I've ever seen. Equine bedding wood pellets and stove pellets are also much cheaper than litter. The pellets crumble when wet and if you take a small dustpan and scrape the wet crumbles out of the litter pan in addition to scooping feces, the pellets will last much longer before the entire box needs changed.
[notify]

Liriel

No Socks Are- Safe From Mew!

Purred: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:06am PST 
I'm so glad I saw this thread! I'm having the same issues with smell! I have tried Kirkland Cat Litter- too dusty-doesn't hold smell and the last while I've been trying Swheat Scoop cat litter and it doesn't hold smell and doesn't clump well at all.

I clean Liriels cat box every day and once a week change the litter and sanitize the box. She has a cat box with the cover and on the filters I even put dryer sheets and still end up with this gross fishy smell daily. I even bought Natures Miracle-Just for Cats - Litter Box Cleaner and all it does is add perfume to the gross smell! UGH! It IS hot and humid here so I'm sure thats not helping with things.

Sorry for hijacking! After reading through this thread I'm going to try the Worlds Best Cat Litter and see if that makes a difference!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2