GO!

I need litter help!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Lady

Purred: Sat Apr 13, '13 5:44am PST 
So I only like "round" shaped litter vs the crystal shaped litter, and I'm currently using tidy cats but the perfume smell and dust is too much for my mom to handle. Does anyone know of other scoopable litter that is a round shaped and not heavily scented?
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 11:31am PST 
Try Worlds Best Cat Litter... its the bestest. Get either the red/black bag for multi cat clump or the original green/black bag. Its a littler pricey, but well worth it.
[notify]

bed- Snatchers

we steal bed- space.

Purred: Sun Apr 21, '13 10:50am PST 
Dr. Elsey's by far the best.
not sure if it fits for you, but i use it with 5 cats and it is truly an amazing litter. clumps well, no smell. takes me a month to finish a bag and half of a 40# bag.
[notify]

Leela

Leela flys the- planet express

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 2:54pm PST 
i know this might sound weird but my leela was the same way but she has dry skin so we changed from the clay littler to wood pellet not only does it not have a bad smell when they use the box but its easy clean up i dont have to dig for 20 mins i have 2 cats and i litle to mix in blue buffalo littler its made out of walnut shells and smells good at first my cats were not big fans of the wood littler but they love it now no smelly butts it doesnt stick to their fur sometimes they like to sit in the box and when they go pee the wood fluffs up and you just scoop it out
[notify]

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Mon Jun 3, '13 10:46am PST 
I have used World's Best in the past and like it quite a bit. But my cats seem to do better with the Blue Buffalo litter. Both of these are unscented (cats aren't big on the perfume either). A word of advice: even if you only have one cat, get multi-cat litter. It holds up better, clumps better, controls odor better, etc. No reason to shortchange the cat.
[notify]

Hunter

Is that a hair- elastic? ^w^

Purred: Sun Jun 16, '13 2:48pm PST 
@Leela> I just bought Exquisticat Pine litter. They are the same little wood pellets you mentioned. I have a mix of clumping litter and pellets in the box right now and he seems to be using it, just wondering if you had any tips on how to switch them? Hunter doesn't detest them but he really prefers the clumping litter.

Edited by author Sun Jun 16, '13 2:48pm PST

[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Mon Jun 17, '13 11:34am PST 
For Mikko I use Economy Cat Clumping litter, I think its round shaped, I checked BOL!!!! And I know for sure that its not strongly scented. Mikko's step 'brofur and sisfur' use it too, its a good brand. Good luck to you! smile smile
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Fri Jun 28, '13 11:35am PST 
I meant MOL....MOL!!! Anyway, the best brand I would suggest is Economy cat. It is non scented and round shaped. I think...I am pretty sure though, I think you can look it up on images. smile
[notify]

Lady

Purred: Tue Aug 6, '13 9:20am PST 
So Ive transitioned her to Dr. Elseys and it works great, though she will not cover her poo still... confused
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Aug 6, '13 5:53pm PST 
Some cats just don't cover up shrug It's annoying but doesn't mean that something is wrong with the cat.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3