GO!

My Butt Stinks, and I Fling Litter Everywhere

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 2:41pm PST 
Every time I see the "My Butt Stinks and I Fling Litter Everywhere", I just laugh. It is the funniest thing on catster so far that I have seen laugh out loud
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 11:35am PST 
www.NVRMISS.com

Edited by author Tue Apr 16, '13 11:40am PST

[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 11:36am PST 
We use the NVR Miss litter box. it has high sides and is just right for us. We weight 10 lbs.
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Sat Apr 20, '13 8:28pm PST 
I know this won't be helpful, but just to let you know that...well..SOMECATS...one particularly named Coopurr...just dig and dig and dig...and DIG. I've had him since he was about five months, and he's done it from day one. Now, he's 4. And still does it.

I can only recommend a tray under the litter box and a litter box with a hood. It still doesn't deter the huge mess he makes. There's always litter outside the box.

But he's gorgeous. And super-sweet. And smart. And I love him. And he loves me. So we keep each other. In spite of his sloppy potty habis.

Good luck, but I feel your pain...
Purrs,
Coop's Mom
[notify]

Xena

They call me- Last Cat, now- why is that?

Purred: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:50am PST 
Xena uses a covered litter box that fits in the corner so it is shaped odd also. But she likes it. It has a charcoal filter and I clean it daily so smell is no problem. She also loves to fling litter and I see her in the box scratching the sides for what seems like 5 minutes. But Xena is a small cat also, around 9 pounds.
[notify]

Lily

Purred: Mon Apr 29, '13 12:09am PST 
Another thing I do with one long haired cat who tends to catch poop in his hair and gets a dirty butt is to trim the hair short around his anus, on the underside of his tail near his body, on the insides of his hind legs, and on the backs of his hind legs. I also trim the hair short on the bottoms of his paws so he can't get litter and poop caught in between his pads.

If you have a cat who cannot clean his butt because he's too fat to reach around to clean it, you may have to take him to a groomer, bathe him yourself, or gently wash his rear with warm water until you get it clean. While a cat who is too fat to clean his own butt needs to lose weight, cats must be made to lose weight gradually so if your cat needs to lose weight, have your vet check him to make sure he's otherwise healthy and then put him on a reducing diet under your vet's guidance.
[notify]

Leela

Leela flys the- planet express

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 2:51pm PST 
my cats did the same thing kick it out of the box i went and got a tote from the hardwear store homedepot cut a big hole in it but not to low to the bottom and not to high so they cant get inside, my cat leela has a smelly butt i would have to clean it with unscented baby wipes or the whipes they sell at the pet store and i changed my littler to wood pellets letter and it made a big change no more smelly butt no more little stuck to their fur and no more mess on the floor
[notify]

Saphira

Yes, I really- want to play- fetch AGAIN!

Purred: Fri May 10, '13 12:04pm PST 
I need to clarify here, that neither Saphira nor Viola's butt stinks, and they don't really fling litter much. Right after Viola joined us she was kept separated in another bedroom with a conventional flat litter box, and some of her excavations there approached engineering efforts. She was just so fastidious about how it was done, and how deeply she had to dig. They are both just absolute joys, both well behaved and yet active and playful. I think all Ocicat servants say that, but, hey, it's true. laugh out loud kitty
[notify]

Tabitha

Expert Napper

Purred: Fri May 10, '13 8:53pm PST 
I've personally experienced where switching food has really helped a cat. Prior to switching, the poor kitty's hair was falling out. It looks like it was due to allergies because her hair grew back in so long and beautiful after the food was switched.
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Sat May 11, '13 4:03pm PST 
Glad to hear the kitties don't have stinky butts any more smile Or flinging litter.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2