GO!

De Catting sheets...yuuuuck

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 5:45pm PST 
There were a bundle of sheets in the spare room that fell on the floor and I guess Chii-an old grumpy munchkin-found the perfect toilet. I put them in the washer with like three different soaks- bleach, baking soda, heavy scented soap and they still smell like litter box. I have a spray called OdoBan that someone said you can use in the wash...any suggestions? I don't want to toss the sheets.kitty
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 5:35pm PST 
Your might try Pine-Sol, put the sheets in the washing machine, and when there is some water in the tub, add about a quater cup of Pine Sol. This is an old "remedy" and should help. This can be purchased at any grocery store, or Dollar General or Family Dollar. They have a new Lavender fragrance which smells nice and fresh.

Good Luck,
The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Bodrouex

all you need is- love

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 6:19pm PST 
Magic Zymes ...if you can't find it online, other enzymatic cleaners form pet stire work but MZ is best
[notify]

Mordred,PAWS

No Not-Moms!!!!

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 12:11pm PST 
You might also try white vinegar. The ammonia in urine is a base, and soaking it in vinegar, an acid, may neutralize it. Worth a try.
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 12:50pm PST 
This is what my mom says works for her:

The only thing that I have ever found to really do the job is white vinegar, and a lot of it, and baking soda. And let it soak in the washer for hours, or all night. I am a big fan of vinegar, I clean houses and nothing cleans like it, or gets odors out of things like it. Good luck.
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:20pm PST 
Enzymes - Nature's Miracle, or similar. Oxyclean may work too. It is good for getting out blood & stains, otherwise I agree with the vinegar. Also I know it is cold out, but if you can hang them outside too, it may help. Felix wet on my pajama pants when he was littler - he couldn't get to the potty, and I sprayed them with Nature's, then soaked em with Oxy, and washed 2x in HOT water & I don't smell anything, and they have been on the floor again (oops) red face and no one peed on them...
[notify]