GO!

Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 7 of 8: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Shade

If your lap is- available, I'll- be there!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 7:13pm PST 
Well, I bought my second Litter Genie from Target last Friday. So now there is one in the bathroom and the second one is in the basement next to 2 litter boxes. Target is less expensive than PetSmart. I bought the Litter Genie and the 2 bag pack and got a $5 gift card when checking out. big grin

Angel Hallie- (5-15-96/11-- 7-12)

Please consider- adopting an- older cat!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 9:47pm PST 
So how does sonmeone get included in testing these products? Personally I've always wished they would use my house to test the vacuum cleaners that claim to be able to handle pet hair! I've bought a couple of vacuums claimed to be pet hair vacuums and both managed to get clogged with cat hair & had to be taken apart & unclogged. One was a Shark pet hair vacuum, I don't recall offhand what brand the other one was.

I'd like to see how practical and economical these litter systems would be in a seriously multiple cat household. No litter system would work very well with a couple of cats I had who preferred to urinate in a box of newspapers. These two were "phantom pissers"...kitties who sneakily urinate in places around the house they're not supposed to. Both stopped their "phantom pissing" after I figured out that if given a plastic dishpan (which makes an excellent cheap litter pan & also is a good size for crates & cages) lined with newspaper, these two cats would urinate in the pan of papers and defecate in the litter pans. Since then I've had a few others who would be clean in the house if given a pan of newspaper as well as a litter pan. I've also had a few cats who refused to use clumping litter and one with an appreciation for plumbing, he would urinate right down the bathtub drain, rarely ever missing the drain!
[notify]

Cow

Hissssssssss!

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 11:10am PST 
Curious, have any of you purchased a Litter Genie in the last 5 months? We're you encouraged to do so by the posts in this Thread?

cat on moon

Sunday

The anti-grumpy- cat!

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 1:30am PST 
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would mention that I just purchased the litter genie plus ( I should get it by Wednesday). I bought it based on the great reviews on here. Hopefully it will work out. I live in a condo and it can be annoying making several trips a day down to garbage dumpster (and I can't imagine making any trips if I was really sick like I was last Winter). *crosses fingers*
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Jul 31, '13 2:14pm PST 
I am still using both of mine. I will state that with 4 cats it is a bit costly - they make lots-o-poopies & I have to change the bag more frequently than I wish. But I am still amazed at how it curbs the smell. cheer
[notify]

Shade

If your lap is- available, I'll- be there!

Purred: Thu Aug 1, '13 7:56pm PST 
With 4 cats I have to change the 2 Genies I have every 7-10 days. I find myself scooping the litter box in the bathroom just about every time I'm in there. The Genie is so conveniently right there. It keeps for a clean litter box which cats like. The 2 litter boxes in the basement are scooped 1-2 times a day, whenever I'm down there.

Sunday, how are you doing with your new Genie?

Sunday

The anti-grumpy- cat!

Purred: Sat Nov 2, '13 9:34pm PST 
We are doing great with the new genie! Mommy doesn't have to make two trips a day down two flights of stairs in order to throw our waste. The genie makes everyone happy!
[notify]

Splat Cat

Purred: Wed Nov 6, '13 11:57am PST 
So how does someone get selected to try out a new product?
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Wed Nov 6, '13 1:53pm PST 
I am not currently using my Litter Genie. One of my cats has early renal insufficiency, meaning she pees like a racehorse. There are not just clumps in the box, there are enormous mounds! They don't fit through the opening in the Genie; I have to break the mounds up and it gets all over the Genie surfaces, which is very messy, and fills up the bags very, very quickly. So I'm back to plastic grocery bags for the time being. frown
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Nov 13, '13 1:14pm PST 
Splat Cat - not sure really - I had gotten an email asking if we wanted to try it out. Still using it!
[notify]

(Page 7 of 8: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8