GO!

How to get rid of UTI-Urine smell?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:15pm PST 
My cat recently had a UTI and while I was sleeping, he left a few stinky drops in every corner of the room (carpet!). I sprayed and scrubbed (with an odor/stain remover) but the stench lingers. I dont want my landlord (who lives in the suite downstairs) to smell it! What can I do to really get rid of it,short of steam cleaning, since he would probably ask why.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Fri Nov 16, '12 5:22pm PST 
You need to use an enzyme type cleaner specifically for urine, like Nature's Miracle. I have also heard Zero Odor is good too. I think they have it on pet websites. If he smells it, it can attract him to go back also. I have had alot of luck with Nature's though.
[notify]

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 9:30pm PST 
What about steam cleaning the floor?
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Tue Feb 12, '13 2:02pm PST 
The only thing I have had luck with in getting rid of that smell, is vinegar. It will smell awful at first, of vinegar, very strongly, but it will get the smell out of it, at least better than anything else will. I have a dog with incontinence and the bed she lays on, I have a bottle with vinegar and water, and it's about half vinegar half water, and I spray it on her bed all the time, and I add it to the wash when I wash her blankets, and it gets the pee smell out pretty well. Good luck. Also, Odo Ban! That stuff, if it doesn't work, nothing will, I have had great success with that, they sell it at wal mart
[notify]