GO!

The walnut shell cat litter--a warning

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Blanca

I live to love!

Purred: Wed Sep 26, '12 8:04pm PST 
We were really sold on this at first. Then, after three near bad falls, we realized that the dust turns to slick slime when it gets wet. And it's turning the wooden cabinet tops where the cats walk brown, too.

We're switching back to the Swheat litter as soon as we can. We bought this, hoping that our cat's allergies wouldn't be as bad, but it hasn't helped. If anything, they seem to be worse. And the tracking is just as bad.

I'm holding out for a perfect litter that's transparent, and won't show on either beige or dark floors. With six cats, it's a constant chore to clean up around here. LOL

Edited by author Wed Sep 26, '12 8:05pm PST

[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Thu Sep 27, '12 9:51am PST 
We'd never use any kitty litter with walnut shells in it anyways. I don't care what anyone says, we don't know the long term effects of breathing in and licking that stuff!!! Thanks for the warning. We use Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief and we love it! No sneezing, no allergies, no breathing problems. It's great! way to go
[notify]

Mietzi Katze

I'm a wild thing

Purred: Thu Sep 27, '12 5:53pm PST 
Yes, the walnut litter is dusty. We tried one bag and Mom was wondering why there was this black dust in the bathtub. Until she remembered that I like to jump into the tub just for fun. We're using Swheat scoop and one box has the paper pellets.
[notify]

Kitty Pryde

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 4:14pm PST 
My mom tried the walnut litter fur me once-we went right back to our regular litter because we started getting bugs in the 'partment and they started when she got that litter-sounds gross but she scoops my stuffs up all the time, so it's not the box being all gross!
[notify]