GO!

Cat Pee on Laptop Bag

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Cheezle

Cats are people- too!

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '12 6:18pm PST 
So my naughty cat peed on my laptop bag - it's made out of nylon and polyester. Cleaning directions are 'wipe with damp cloth' but I think I am going to need a bit more than that! I am probably going to have to buy a new one - but does anyone know a way to get the smell out - if possible?
Thanks!
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 10:04am PST 
Nature's Miracle spray. You my have to spray twice, let it dry naturally - don't wipe it off. It helps to dissolve the urine crystals that form. Just washing won't take it out. Are you sure that this wasn't from a urinary tract infection or something like that?
[notify]

CatKit

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 12:49pm PST 
Hey sorry to hear about your cat peeing on your bag. I have had similar problems but with my SHOES!. It can really be a bother.

You can try a couple of home remedies that I often hear helps get rid of cat urine smells.

One of the simplest is to mix water and vinegar and scrub at the urine affected area.

If this doesn't work you can try using baking soda as well to make a paste that really cuts through the smell.

If you want a store bought solution then any natural enzyme based cleaner should help. It needs to be able to break down the nasty chemicals in the urine which cause smells.

If you need some extended info the following site might help http://getridofcatpeesmell.com/how-to-get-rid-of-cat-urine-smells/
[notify]

Cheezle

Cats are people- too!

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 4:57pm PST 
I don't think he has any type of infection, I was kind of worried so I looked up the symptoms but he doesn't seem to have any of them. Plus, when this cat pees, he pees A LOT! I bought him a water fountain so he must be using it! I bought some Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer so I will give that a try. He did this once before with a reusable shopping bag - they both seem to be made of similar materials. Otherwise, he keeps it in the litter box. I guess I just need to keep my stuff off the floor laugh out loud

Thanks!!
[notify]

Cheezle

Cats are people- too!

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 5:15pm PST 
And Thank You CatKit for the link!
[notify]