GO!

The Best Cat Litter?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Sophie

Little Pink- Nosies Rule!

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '12 1:18pm PST 
My brother Cody and I (AND Mom, btw) think Dr Elsey's Senior litter is the best ever! It is a crystal litter, but the crystals are sand- sized. It feels just like standing on sand. As long as it is scooped for solid waste daily and stirred daily, there are no odors. That's NO odors, for two or three weeks at least. We won't use anything else.

Dad's cats (Benjamin, Danny and LBK) use a corn based litter. It stinks, sorry but it does. Pew!
[notify]

Luci

Luci Gucci-Life- is Good

Purred: Sat Oct 6, '12 9:57am PST 
I've been using Fresh Step Crystals. Scoop and stir and no odor at all! Everyone I've told about it and tried it, loves the change from regular litter. My Luci loves it too. cheer
[notify]

Sophie

Little Pink- Nosies Rule!

Purred: Sat Oct 6, '12 11:47am PST 
We just didn't like the feel of the large crystals, that's why Mom looked for something finer in texture. Crystals are the way to go with litter! smile
[notify]

Midas

'cause his touch- is too much!

Purred: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:36pm PST 
Another kitty for Worlds Best. It scatters a little, but doesn't seem to be dusty. Of course I am heading towards toilet training in the long run.
[notify]

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:31pm PST 
I use World's Best. There's something in a name...

My Bengal won't let me switch. I tried when the XL bags got smaller and they still charged the same price but my cats started using the laundry basket as a litter box. It's great litter, albeit expensive. It lasts a lot longer than the bag says, especially if you scoop daily (I scoop twice daily). I will never use another littler, party because Hobbes won't let me.
[notify]

Freyja

Squishy Squirt- :3

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 8:40pm PST 
I used to use Tidy Cats too but unfortunately my allergies (and my cats) couldnt handle it anymore. So I started using Swheat Scoop. Its an all organic, wheat based litter that has no dyes, chemicals, etc in it and is clumping. So far, I have notticed an acute differance when I scoop the box and with the amount of eye leakage Freyja has. I would definently recomend this litter. The price is right (vs Worlds Best which I did consider getting) and it clumps nicely. :3
[notify]

Cleo

Queen of the- Nile

Purred: Fri Nov 16, '12 8:08pm PST 
I use Fresh Step Multi Cat unscented with Arm&Hammer Litter Box Deodorizer mixed in. It works pretty well in a small apartment and I don't live close to a pet store at all, just a walmart and grocery store unfortunately so I haven't felt I could keep up with alternative brands. It works well regardless!
[notify]

Kat

Dressed to Kill

Purred: Sun Nov 18, '12 6:43pm PST 
The scoop your own litter at Petco is easy on your wallet and keeps the smell away for awhile, but if you do no scoop it away within a day, your whole house begins to smell. So, Petco Litter is good, if you scoop your litter often. kitty
[notify]

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 10:07am PST 
After doing a LOT of research, we finally settled on World's Best also. The product is great and we like what the company stands for. Is it the cheapest? No, but quite competitively priced and you can often find cat litter coupons for it on the web. Our two cats both seem to be pleased with it that works for us!

Edited by author Wed Jan 9, '13 10:15am PST

[notify]

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:03am PST 
I would have to second EKO on Dr. Elsey's. However, I didn't have time to go across town to get that one and I ended up getting the Kroger store brand of clay multiple cat clumping with baking soda litter. I was pleasantly surprised. Cats really like it and I can't smell a thing. I have a litter flinger and dig-a-hole-to-china cat and since the pieces are larger it's easier to clean up. It's not that dusty either, although Dr. Elsey's is pretty hard to beat.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2