GO!

Cat litter stuck in carpet

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Lucy

LOOOK OUT!!!!- HERE I COME!!!

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '11 7:20pm PST 
Clumping cat litter is great, except when it's scattered in the carpet and gets water spilled in it. My mom's human son moved in with his litter munching dogs, so she had to move the litter box to her bedroom, along with the cat food and water. We just HAVE to put our paws in the water, and ended up dumping several bowls in the litter we accidently slung out of the box. Does any one have any ideas on how to get the junk out of the carpet?
[notify]

Nellie

cause thats what- i am a princess

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '11 7:23pm PST 
try vaccuming it up
[notify]

Al Hirt

A Jazzy New- Orleans Kitty

Purred: Fri Aug 5, '11 6:06am PST 
It it is in a small area, try using a hair brush to bring it to the top of the carpet in one area. This has worked for me - and of course, use an old (or VERY cheap) hairbrush.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Lucy

LOOOK OUT!!!!- HERE I COME!!!

Purred: Fri Aug 5, '11 7:30am PST 
Nellie, our mom vacuumed up everything that would come up, but the stuff turns to concrete when it gets wet! She put a mat in front of the box, but we just threw litter on top of it and then scratched it til it turned over. Maybe she can use the dog's brush to try to get it up, mol!
[notify]