GO!

Is this actually possible? Odorless Cat Urine?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 6:13pm PST 
Something weird just happened, after bathing Teller which was totally traumatic I went to pick him up to dry him off and he sprayed up in the air landing it on my couch and my rug and cat knows where else and I'm smelling everywhere for it and I cannot find it. My cats have never urinated in my house, I have a nose like a bloodhound for cat urine I can smell the fumes from the strays leaving deposits under my house I KNOW WHAT MEGADEATH THAT YUCKY STUFF SMELLS LIKE.

Yall, I know I saw my cat do this because I'm infuriated with his little butt. It's basically covering me and my living room because of the way he wriggled around. But I swear on everything in it, I cannot find the pee.

Am I losing it?
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 7:18pm PST 
Your fixed kitties pee won't smell like the strays which likely are mature,whole toms (thank you Lord!). And given that it sprayed/sprinkled 'everywhere', it's probably so disperesed you'll never find it. Either wash everything in the room, or just forget about it.
I thought your kitts were 100% indoor; if they go out to pee you can be forgiven for not knowing a little kitten pee isn't a death sentence if it's not in one puddle to attract him back to the same spot time and again.

Edited by author Fri Mar 11, '11 7:20pm PST

[notify]

Penn & Teller

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 7:52pm PST 
My kittens are indoor, I also have neighborhood strays and ferals that come around. Sinatra is outdoor, the neighbors old kitty who sprays a lot is outdoor. He tags my porch sometimes. Miss Edith is a switch hitter.

So you think if I can't find the pee to clean it, they're not going to return to pee? Because my housekeeper decided Natures Miracle was a floor cleaner and seemed to have used it all up one day. red face

I can't get any more of it until tomorrow.
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 8:54pm PST 
I think you are probably ok, because they are so in the habit of using the box but keep a hawkeye out for accidents just in case.If there's a concentrated area, they might P on it. Did ya try walking around with bare feet?laugh out loud Surely the 'scatter' effect didn't leave a clear 'here's the spot!" message.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 9:05pm PST 
Well some of it was definitely on me and I saw some go on the couch and I swear Boo I put my nose IN the stuff and it didn't really smell.

How is this? I have discovered odorless cat urine. Let them flock cat ladies cometh.
[notify]

Umesaburo

I'm a stud!

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 11:45pm PST 
I've noticed that there can be a difference in the odor of cat pee, even with cats who are all eating the same thing. Umesaburo is not fixed (he's a stud--duh, fixed cats can't procreate), and former feral Spike (neutered at the usual time) has stinky urine that stains clothing. Go figure. Some of my cats are stinkier than others. But it is true that unfixed tomcat urine does have a distinctive stink--you can smell it outdoors in Tokyo or at cat shows. I have to resign myself to the fact that my next stud will probably be a stinky sprayer...As for going back and back to the same spot to pee, that's not automatically true, either. My cats have preferred surfaces--if there's an article of clothing on the floor, it's fair game, no matter where it's located. They will also go on top of paper. At one time, there was a lot of junk paper under my desk that they were peeing on, but now that I've gotten rid of the junk paper, they no longer do that. So, don't freak out.

A housekeeper?!? I sure could use one of those...
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Purred: Sat Mar 12, '11 6:21am PST 
Its really good to see you popping up Val.
[notify]

Samantha

Sammerstiltskin

Purred: Sat Mar 12, '11 10:18am PST 
lol that is funny! How dare you bath the kitties! I've seen the black light things that you can search for the pee with at petco, but i have no clue how much they are. I dont think your cat will return to the spot, i'd assume thats just dogs? But i have no clue, i'm just guessing.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Purred: Sat Mar 12, '11 2:58pm PST 
I think it's cats?
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sat Mar 12, '11 4:33pm PST 
It's both, actually. But right, if you really want to know get as blacklight bulb on a cord anfd the urine will show up; any kind works and is cheaper than one that specificlly says 'cat urine finder".
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2