GO!

Weapons-grade poo smell

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 6: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 3:57pm PST 
It's Cruiser!! Who's just the cutiest wootiest kittywittyhead ebber?!
Anyway what I want to know is how do I teach my furry treasures not to jump on my bed right after they've been litterboxin it up for 10 minutes? I just had to change my sheets again for cats sakes.
I mean its like HEY I don't go to the potty and come back and wipe my butt on your bed please don't do it to mine kthnx.
Don't look at me like that...
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 5:24pm PST 
Hey Cruiser! At least I admit I poot! big laugh This is the best thread ever. laugh out loudwave
[notify]

Cruiser

Top 25 Winner- Region 1- 2011-2012

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 6:50pm PST 
Hi Miss Lacey! wave

We really doesn't farty, it ain't allowed, my mommy reads it in the CFA ruleys, mol, mol, mol. big laugh

Hi Mr Penn and Mr Teller! wave

Does your diapeys needs to be changed? shock
When we goes poopies, we doesn't has messy butts, altho, sometimes, a poopie will sticky to our long furs in the back, mol, but it usually falls offy somewheres in the housey, mol. If your bee-hinds are that messy, after ya uses the kitty boxey, that ya is getting your mommy's sheetys all dirty, then it sounds like you little boys gots diarea. Tell your mommy, she is feeding you little guys something that is too richey. Ya isn't gettin no people foodys is ya? That is baddy boy stuff, my mommy saids so, we ain't allowed no people foodys, mommy said, that is baddy boy stuff. We knows what baddy boy stuff means, mol, mol, mol. eek

wave laugh out loud way to go blue dog

p.s. they even gots diapeys, that is called Cruisers, mol, my mommy seen in the store, mol, altho I was named after my mommy's PT Cruiser. wink
[notify]

Ozzy

Eat it, break- it, make it- bleed

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 5:26pm PST 
I got super stinky poo too. We all eat the same food, but for some reason, my poo stinks way worse than the other kitties. Even after i cover it. It's always been that way. I especially like to go when my mama lady has company over. She gets real embarrassed. laugh out loud

Maybe when i go in for my next check-up, my mama will take in a poo sample.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 8:33pm PST 
Yeah it's gotten to where I can't sleep in my room. I am woken in the middle of the night and the box is way in my bathroom. All it takes is like a marble sized poop too. I found a speck of blood in Tellers. They have something.
[notify]

Mischievous- Bandit- "Misty"

What can I get- into now?

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 5:50am PST 
I have a tendancy to have atomic poo. When I first came to live at my forever home and was eating kitten diet still that I had been fed at the rescue the vet said to get me off the kitten food because the protein was making my poo smell too much confused Well AnnaBelle's Mommy decided it was because of the grains and the JUNK in that food, then we moved to the better foodies. But now that we are eating BW dry at night= the ATOMIC poos are back! We dont have ANY foods with ANY grains at all in them whatsoever, and no byproducts either but my poos are worse than ever. They are however firm and formed correctly so no diarrhea here.

We are thinking of switching litters and seeing if a new litter can help with this atomic poo problem!
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 5:51am PST 
I get poopie explosions!!! So bad that I end up with poopie on my white floofy pants. Mom thinks that my diet plus with my litter, things are going good. I was really stinky when I ate Wellness and had Tidy Cats as my litter. I still smell, but after I bury my poopie, the smell fades pretty quickly.

I fart too. Its the silent type. You know, its the kind that goes... "Poof!" and just like that this aroma permiates the room! I smell like roses compared to my dogsister Teaka. OH MY.... She smells worse than Pepz!!! laugh out loud
[notify]

Jack- Teagarden

Loving My- Furrever Home

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:37am PST 
My meowmy says my poo smell could know out an elephant!!! What she has found to help the smell is the Frebreeze Spray for Pet Odors. She found it at Wal-Mart, and is probably available at you local grocery store as well. The scent is very light and fresh, and REALLY knocks out that "Weapons Grade Poo Stink", especially if you use the litter box in the bathroom next to you and your person's bedroom. When meowmy scooped the litterboxes this morning she called out...."Which one of you let the mountain lion use the litter box??"...There was a REALLY big present in the litter box....MOL....MOL...but we're not telling who left it....
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:09am PST 
Ok so I tried the famed Dr. Elseys...

Lemme tell ya I found myself pouring an entire 20 lb bag of the stuff at 3am crying, invoking Dr. Elsey himself "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF IT DR ELSEY SAVE ME"

Dr. Elsey you did not save me. I ran back into the arms of Fresh Step. hail

I also removed Merrick's from Teller altogether and removed myself from my bedroom. I came down this morning and wasn't knocked back a few feet so either they used the upstairs box (since they located me and slept against my butt anyway big grin) or I'm starting to get it. To be honest I'm afraid to look.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:51am PST 
Cruiser, some kitties are smellier than others no matter what.

We eat the best food momma can buy, but for some reason no matter how good the food is, my sisfur Gracie's poo can sometimes come out smelly enough that she runs away from the box rather than cover it. big laughbig laugh Of course mom doesn't find it as funny as I do.

What good food can do is reduce the smell, for certain, but not always entirely. When Gracie came home at 9 weeks, she had been on dry food of the Friskies variety at the shelter for about 3 weeks or so. While she was being changed over to the food we ate back then (Wellness Core and Wellness wet, if I remember correctly), her poo smelled something awful (think of "someone died there" smell), but as soon as her intestines got used to the new food, it merely became medium grade stinky instead. laugh out loud Mom has since figured out and switched us to food that gives Gracie less intestinal trouble than Wellness Core, but you still can tell which cat just used the box by the smell (and no, it's not that Gracie doesn't cover, I taught her to cover her poo so well that nowadays she's more obsessive about it than I am).

Another thing that Gracie does well is "silent but deadly" farts. She saves them up for when momma is grooming her and petting her lots. She'll start off purring up a storm, and will end it with a fart that could clear entire stadiums. laugh out loudbig laughlaugh out loudbig laugh Mom says that it's because Gracie is so happy that she forgets she's supposed to be a dainty ladycat. laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]

(Page 3 of 6: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6