GO!

Ok, this is gross - Anal Gland Leakage!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Smokey

Purred: Sun Jan 23, '11 7:08pm PST 
My cat roommate, Harry, seems to have had some anal gland leakage in a spot on the rug. I don't think this is an on-going problem but the humans aren't sure how to clean up that smell. It's way worse than cat poop smell.
Thanks
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Jan 23, '11 7:16pm PST 
Ugh! My boys had that and yeah it wasn't ongoing either it was just like sometimes. Harry needs it expressed before it becomes a bigger problem and your whole house stinks. For the smell I suggest Nature's Miracle. That stuff is a life saver. Try just for cats first, in the red bottle.
[notify]

Angel Sandy

Always an Angel

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 1:11pm PST 
Oh yeah, I know that story! Every time I go to the v*t, I get my anal glands expressed, my human even did it once, by herself! eek
There are times that I leave little purrrfectly round spots on the carpet outside the bathroom. My Mistress says she doesn't think it stinks, but then, you never know!

She's had pretty good luck with Oxy Solution (not to be confused with Oxy Clean!) by Simple Solutions. It's in a spray bottle and if you spray it all over the stain, let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and then scrub out the stain, it helps.

Now, though, we've had better luck with Arm & Hammer Pet Stain and Odor Remover with Oxy Clean. That really helps the stain disappear and it kinda makes me not want to do it there anymore!
[notify]