GO!

Do you bathe your kitty?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 33)  
1  2  3  4  
Archie

Feed me!

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '11 2:26pm PST 
OK, this is my first post EVER so don't be hard on me people (and kitties). If I understood correctly, it is better to use dishsoap than pet shampoo? I am getting baths twice per month because one member of my human family seems to be allergic (he sneezes a LOT since I moved in). I don't enjoy it and try to escape, but they hold me until wet and then I relax. But it is always some pet shampoo. Should we switch to dishsoap? And vinegar rinse...Just pour it all over and rinse out?
Oh and just to add - I hate hair dryers more than baths. So they used it only in the winter so I wouldn't catch cold. Now they just towel me well and leave me to dry naturally. Is that ok? (You can see that my humans need help taking care of me properly, so do help! lol)
[notify]

Backstep

B the change U- want to C in the- world

Purred: Fri Aug 5, '11 6:28am PST 
Not just any dish detergent. Dawn dish detergent and stay away from the cheep stuff. Dawn specifically is used to clean oil off wildlife. If it wasn't safe they wouldn't be using it.

I don't think there is any difference between using Dawn or a cat shampoo. It's whatever you like. Dawn just does the same thing at a lower cost.

It's best to be wary of flea shampoos. Fleas shampoos contain an insecticide that you are putting directly on your pet. A good flea bath is simply soap and water. Soap suffocates the fleas on contact and those that jump off into the water drown quickly.

Besides the insecticides in pet flea shampoos being dangerous, you are paying extra money out for that danger when simple Dawn will do.

We use a citrus scented Dawn. Dawn makes citrus, lemon, and orange.

Edited by author Fri Aug 5, '11 6:31am PST

[notify]

Backstep

B the change U- want to C in the- world

Purred: Fri Aug 5, '11 6:28am PST 
munch ... * eats double post *

Edited by author Fri Aug 5, '11 6:29am PST

[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 33)  
1  2  3  4