GO!

What Litter do you Recommend?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Geraldine

Lanky Girl

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 12:12am PST 
I currently do not have a litterbox. My cats potty outside, only. But, since one of my cats has started having accidents indoors, I think it's time for a litterbox! I want something that is safe and will not hurt them. What do you recommend? I really like pelleted litter, but I don't know if that is safe for cats. Something that stops bacterial growth would be great, if they have it. I would also like a litter that elminates odors. Any suggestions? I like clumping litter, too. I was thinking about just using clay and adding some natural herbs to it. What do you think?
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 12:52am PST 
If your cat is not used to having litter, then you may want to try Dr. Elseys Cat attract, this may work. We use Natures Miracle it is a corn based litter, and its pretty good. If your cat is having accidents around the house, you may want to take your cat to the vet, she could have a urinary infection and this needs to be ruled out. Is there any reason your cat would be having the accidents? spayed or neutered? an addition of another cat? Stress in the home?
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 5:39am PST 
I buy Dr. Elsey's cat litter for Hunter. He doesn't have problems with using the litter box but I find it to be pretty much dust-free. I was using Tidy Cats and I would clean his box and dust everywhere! Plus Tidy Cats wasn't making the clumps hard enough. They would break up in the litter box. With Dr. Elsey's I have no problem at all! dancing
[notify]