GO!

Automatic/Self-Cleaning Litter Box

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Ping

Check out my- sleek tuxedo!

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 12:02pm PST 
Does anyone out there use a self-cleaning litter box? Is it worth the $$? Is it as miraculous as it sounds? I am an only pet, and my mommy has a very demanding career, so sometimes she has trouble finding time every day to clean out my box.
[notify]

uni- (ooo-knee)

bengal beauty

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 4:38pm PST 
it is a great idea but some cats will not use them becuase they are a bit smaller and the robotic cleaning can scare the death out of some cats and make them not use it, but if your mom thinks you wouldn't mind it, i know some people who swear by it and others who swear at it.
[notify]

Sweetie- (1996-2008)

An angel in- disguise

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 5:59pm PST 
Hi.

Welllll I've heard some people that love them, but our mom's grandparents hated theirs. They were careful to read all the directions, clean it and it still tore up within a few months time.
[notify]

Kitty

I'm a little- lovebug

Purred: Wed Mar 22, '06 6:28pm PST 
We have had one for awhile now and really like it. I like a spotless litter box and mom and dad just couldn't keep up with how clean I like it. They had first tried adding another box since I share with my brother but that didn't really work for me. The automatic box keeps it clean and I haven't been going potty elsewhere. It doesn't really scare either one of us, we got use to it. I've heard mixed reviews but we really like ours.
[notify]

Honey

I am King of- this Castle

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 8:15pm PST 
My mom got us one when they first came out and we all love it! She has to replace it about once a year but there are four of us using it. she says it is definately worth the money plus she's really happy when she can find it on sale at Wal-Mart (that's the cheapest)!
[notify]

Oliver

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 9:34pm PST 
I have had the same automatic litter box for 5 years now I guess. Never replaced it. Just have to keep the eye clean and use a premium litter. The cats have no problem with it at all.
[notify]

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 3:14pm PST 
I love my litter box! When I first got it I would do my business and then sit and wait for it to clean up after me. Sometimes I would arch my back and slap at the rake as it opened the box to drop in the clumps, but now I just do my thing and off I go. Mommy says I stink no matter what I eat so she really appreciates how the box cuts down on the fragrance.

It's the second box I've had in some ten years so it's been quite reliable. I just wish it was bigger cause sometimes I hang my butt over the side and pee on the floor. But I still love it!
[notify]

Nikki

I'm a fighter!

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 3:14pm PST 
I love my litter box! When I first got it I would do my business and then sit and wait for it to clean up after me. Sometimes I would arch my back and slap at the rake as it opened the box to drop in the clumps, but now I just do my thing and off I go. Mommy says I stink no matter what I eat so she really appreciates how the box cuts down on the fragrance.

It's the second box I've had in some ten years so it's been quite reliable. I just wish it was bigger cause sometimes I hang my butt over the side and pee on the floor. But I still love it!
[notify]

Two-Tone

if i don't come- to you don't- touch me

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 3:21pm PST 
we had one and mommy didn't really like it. she hated how hard it was to cleanout so she went back to the regular box. but then again there was 2 or more of us(when mommy was fostering kittens).
[notify]

Sassy

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 4:57pm PST 
the automated litter box is the best thing since cat nip. my people LOVE IT!!!!!
Since i'm an only kitty (for now anyway) daddy changes the plastic bin my smellies go into once a week. mid-week or so i need some more litter in it since i like to kick it all out. its great cause my people can go away for a weekend and who comes to check on me and feed me doesn't have to deal with my smelly litter box. also when my people have company over they can't believe my litter box is in the next room.
my people say its the best thing they bought for me. if and when i get a sister kitty mommy and daddy are going to get a bigger one.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2