GO!

Am I a Burmese?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper's- Lonely Hearts- Club

Purred: Thu Sep 27, '07 8:39am PST 
I went to the vet yesterday and everyone that picked me up said I felt like a Burmese. My mom is a Calico and I'm not sure who my dad is. What do you guys think?
[notify]

Missy- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Love Bug

Purred: Thu Nov 8, '07 11:04pm PST 
Sorry I'm not much help, but I am Burmese. You are beautiful!
wave
[notify]

Miskena Marler

Purred: Fri Sep 5, '08 10:35am PST 
kittyYou look like a Himalaian...not quite too sure how to spell that.
[notify]

Angel

pussycat,- pussycat where- have you been.

Purred: Mon Mar 16, '09 6:08pm PST 
I would definitely say that you are not Burmese, but very likely part Birman or Himalayan.
[notify]

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Sun Apr 26, '09 11:54am PST 
You are beautiful but not a burmese I think. These are my reasons burmese are not pointed in colour like you are, they come in a range of colour including tortie but the colouring is even all over. They always have short hair and they have yellow to amber eyes. To be a burmese both parents must be known to be pure burmese. Look at the long haired pointed breeds like birman, ragdoll or himalayan which might be closer to your breed. I am a pedigree burmese look at my my page to compare I live with a pedigree ragdoll you may like to check her out too.Good luck with your search have fun, you are special whatever breed you are
[notify]