GO!

Name his breed/color/markings!

This is the place to let your fur down! This forum is for games, sharing fun stories, and just having a good time with your fellow Catsters!

Midas

'cause his touch- is too much!

Purred: Wed Aug 22, '12 10:56am PST 
Everyone always says Midas is something special. I know he is pretty, but as far as I am concerned he is just a buff, spotted tabby, domestic shorthair. He has some interesting markings. Kind of some stripes on his legs, spots on his sides, and splotches of pigment along his back (not a uniform stripe). But I think it just looks weird to people because they are used to seeing spotted tabby on a grey cat. Others have mentioned he must have bengal in him in order to get the coloring, face structure, and personality. The only thing I know from his history is that an older gentleman got him as a kitten (from who knows were!) and I got him at about one year old.
The first picture is probably the best, the second is much more recent and a close-up of his back.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/NaturalFilly/Cats/Mi dassmall.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/NaturalFilly/ Cats/IMGP6379.jpg

So tell me Catster, what sort of cat do I have?
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 3:03pm PST 
Your links don't work. Looking at the photos on Midas' page, it looks like he has a white undercoat. If so, his color would be cameo and his pattern would be spotted tabby (an orange spotted tabby with a pure white undercoat. The white is caused by a gene that suppresses color at the base of each hair follicle. My mom is writing an article about cat genetics.) He really is a stunning kitty!
[notify]

Shannara

Biscuit Maker

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 7:15pm PST 
Midas is very handsome! Welcome to Catster! welcome

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:07am PST 
The links will work if you remove the spaces after copying and pasting them into the browser window. I don't know why the Catster Forums insert spaces into web addresses, but they have to be taken out for them to work.shrug

There's actually a code that you can use to post pictures in your forum posts. There's a code generator here.

Here are the pics of Midas:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/NaturalFilly/Cats/Midas small.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/NaturalFilly/Cats/IMGP6 379.jpg

Edited by author Fri Aug 24, '12 12:08am PST

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:10am PST 
I'm certainly no expert, but if I had to describe Midas's coloration & coat pattern, "Peach Snow Leopard" comes to mind.

Either way, you're a beautiful kitty, Midas! way to go

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '12 10:02am PST 
Thanks for the info, Ben!
[notify]

Egon &- Astrid

Life is made for- loving.

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '12 4:32pm PST 
I'm trying to figure this out for you as best I can from the pictures you provided =) He is, obviously, a Domestic Shorthair, which is just a catch-all term for "mutt cat". From there...

He is a dilute red/phaeomelanin pigmented (Effectively cream) spotted cameo/silver tabby (Chinchilla or "tipped" hairs), with what appears to be very full mask and mantle patterning.

He's very pretty.
[notify]

K Kato

Don't bother me- if I'm hunting

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '12 3:18pm PST 
Welcome to Catster, Midias. cheercheer
From your picture, I am remaind of some of the new silver Bengals. Your head is similar to mind. and your spots and other markings are similar. I am not an expert; but I think ypou would be a silver lynx. Any way, I will send a friendshp request. Kato
[notify]

Midas

'cause his touch- is too much!

Purred: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:40pm PST 
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! Sorry for the late response. I am in the process of moving and starting school up again. My dogs moved with me this week, and Midas and the fish will join me this weekend. He will be an indoor only cat for the first time, so we will see how that goes! Sorry the photos didn't post right, and thank you so much for fixing them.

Haha, looks like everyone has a different opinion as to what he could be. I guess I will just consider him to be a piece of art: where everyone can just interpret him how they want! shrug
[notify]