GO!

Weird habits - Do your cats have any?

This is the place to let your fur down! This forum is for games, sharing fun stories, and just having a good time with your fellow Catsters!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Patricia

The Old Lady

Purred: Fri Apr 13, '12 10:20pm PST 
Patricia always gets out of her litterbox and puts her front legs back in to bury her waste. She always poops on the edge of the box at one corner.

That is better than Wilbur. Sometimes he did not cover up anything and when he did, he wiped his paw clean on the wall. He also ate his own vomit, which was usually caused by eating too much.

Emily drank water by dipping a paw in the bowl to lick that - her right paw at first, then her left two years later. I am convinced she hated the taste of water. At least she was normal in the litterbox.

Do your cats have any weird habits or quirky behaviors that look just plain silly to us humans?
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Apr 14, '12 11:58pm PST 
This is Delyte. Our previous cat, Peri, had something wrong with her tongue all her life, and she was not able to lap up water. She always used her paw, but she was not able to keep herself hydrated enough and had kidney trouble her whole life. Stella sometimes will drink off her paws, too.

We have a big litter box with a low-cut opening for me, because I have arthritis and can't alwaYs jump out. We all go by backing in with our hind feet and ends, and leave our front feet out on the carpet. Sometimes we turn around and cover with our front feet--but most of the time we just leave it for our servant to cover up. Fluff occasionally will use his giant back feet to try and cover but he mostly just makes a mess.

Somebody, we are not sure who, likes to use the toilet either as a place to play, by dropping toys in it, or for its real purpose. Our person has come home and found, umm, "material" in the toilet that she did not put there, and she lives alone. One of us is actually toilet trained, at least once in a while. She thinks it is Fluff because he is so large that there is no chance of him falling in. big grin
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 11:24am PST 
Where do I begin with Coopurr?

He buries his food. He positions himself in the window so that only his rear-end is getting sun. He digs to France in his litter box, long after he's buried the important stuff. He loves to watch the toilet flush. He LOVES soft blankets -- but you have to fix them a certain way before he'll dare take a nap on them.

And he "sucks his thumb." Literally. He suckles on the right paw pad like a baby -- his little cheeks even wiggle when he does it.

I could go on...MOL! He's a strange little guy, but he keeps me thoroughly entertained...
Purrs,
Coop's Mom
[notify]

Ozzy

Eat it, break- it, make it- bleed

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 7:55pm PST 
Ozzy has some weird habits. Every nite at dinner, as i'm bringing them the food, he has to do a clockwise lap around the desk chair. He also eats Hunter's vomit, which makes me want to vomit. Sometimes he drinks off his hand. And he sometimes eats with his hands. He's taught Hunter to also eat with his little hands.

Ozzy's Mama Lady
[notify]

Emily

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 8:40pm PST 
It looks like I started a humor thread. You guys are all making me LOL.

The most entertaining weird habit I ever saw was Emily with the rubber bands. Smelling them in the kitchen trash can, she knocked it over and went part way in to dig them out. Their next destination? Usually the food bowl. Every time I saw a rubber band there or on the floor or the trash can horizontal, I knew who did it. Fortunately she never tried to swallow one, so I didn't stop her.
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Apr 17, '12 8:52am PST 
Maizy likes to drink from the bathroom faucet. After a couple circles of the sink, she will step down & take the first sip, then she will turn her head straight & smack her lips like saying" ah good vintage" then continue to drink- every single time! Smitty will scratch the sides of the big litter box & go around all 4 sides twice, clawing the edge - but his stinkies are left uncovered .....shrug Tigger will literally be standing there & sproing up & do a flip with this mrowpfth sound & take off like a shot down the hall way - for no apparent reason. laugh out loud It is fun to read all the little quirks kitties have!
[notify]

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Tue Apr 17, '12 1:01pm PST 
Oh yeah, it is always fun to watch cats being silly.

One of those silly behaviors I had the pleasure of watching was Wilbur making Patricia's tail a cat toy. She wagged it for him because he loved strings and anything that looks like one. (Good thing she is not a Manx or bobtail.)
[notify]

max

here to help

Purred: Wed Apr 18, '12 4:53pm PST 
my 15 yr old cornish rex has explained that these are not unusual behaviors. just an example of how oppressed cats are forced to demonstrate desparate attempts to get their crys for help understood. he told me the only reason he steps on my hair before the alarm goes off is he doesnt want me to be late. he only scratches on the cabinet door because I havent lifted him up to the sink in a timely manner for his fresh out of facet drink. he does alot to remind me of everyday responsibilitys I may other wise overlook. thank god for kittys
[notify]

Wilbur

The white is for- sugar

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 10:12am PST 
I know what you mean Max. Wilbur often knocked on the bathroom door the whole time I was on the toilet, so finally I gave up and stopped shutting it when I was the only human home or awake.

But I will never understand why he wanted me to open the basement door a lot. All he wanted to do was look at the stairs down to it.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Apr 20, '12 8:25am PST 
weird habits huh? Hunter is a weird habit. lol j/k. Hunter has to test out his water before he drinks it. It has to be the right temperature. He'll test it with his paw to make sure its drinkable.

Most of the weird things he does, he does it for a reason. He will wake me up so i'm not late for work, he'll lead me to my bureau where I keep his wand toy so he can play. He'll be bad on purpose so I pay more attention to him.

After all Hunter is the Master of Disaster! smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5