GO!

how do i say goodbye ?

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mac (Angel)

Purred: Mon Mar 10, '14 11:32am PST 
The vets have said that my boy Mac is dying, they are not sure if it is FIP or lymphosarcoma and treatments and medications here in the UK are not as advanced or as available as they are in the states, ive been told i have 2 choices...let Mac have a lymph node removal which would tell me if he has cancer but chemo isnt really an option but if he has FIP the operation could take away the little time i have left with him or just say goodbye when the time is right, which could be tomorrow, could be in a week or a month theres no way of knowing...he's been sick since christmas and has gone through so much already, so many tests and vet visits, i just dont know how to say goodbye to my beautiful boy without feeling like i could have done something more, im praying so hard for a miracle, he's so young..when he came into my life i didnt want him now i cant imagine my life without him, im broken. cry
[notify]

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Tue Mar 11, '14 9:11pm PST 
It is hard when they are so young. It just doesn't seem right. But you have done everything you could and without you his life would have been even shorter. You need to be at peace that you have given him a wonderful home and love during his time with you.

Sometimes we can do no more. Going from one test to another, only to come up with the same inevitable answer that we don't want to hear only upsets him more. Perhaps it is best to keep him comfortable and feeling safe at home. We're keeping Mac and you in our purr prayers.

Kitten cuddles,
Sterling, Shade, Sundance, Shannara and Mom
hughughughughug

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Wed Mar 12, '14 8:38am PST 
How do you say good-bye? First, it's only for "so long," not forever (although it will seem forever for you). Tell Mac how deeply you love him; tell him every single day, many times a day. Thank him for choosing YOU to be his human, and tell him you've done everything you could to keep him here, but you know he's suffering and unhappy, and more than anything else in the world, you want him to be happy because you love him so deeply. Tell him it's ok to go whenever he wants, whenever he's ready - that you will miss him, that you will cry, but that you will be ok. Tell him all the furchildren at Rainbow Bridge are his friends, and he will be happy there - and in no time at all, you will be joining him. (It will probably be years and years for you, but at the Bridge, there IS no time, so it will be as the blink of an eye for Mac.)

I am so, so sorry for your pain, which I know is great, but remember that your years are for yourself; always, our tears are for ourselves. Our beloved furchildren at the Bridge have no need of tears.

May Mac's Creator bless you with the faith, the courage, and the strength that you need, and may He comfort you and lead your heart to peace.hug
[notify]

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 8:57am PST 
I am so sorry. There are no words.....It seems that if it is cancer, they are not holding out much hope either. If that is the case, to put him through a surgery that would not help much may not be the best course. Enjoy each day you have, and keep him as comfortable as possible until it is time to let go. It is so hard to feel so helpless, but sometimes we can only do so much. Please know that you have been doing everything you can to help him. Sometimes there is just nothing we can do to fix the situation. We are all here for you, and send you hugs & purrs.hug
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 10:15am PST 
We are all here for you Mom. hug

I feel that the odds against him as far as surgery goes, I myself wouldn't have him subjected to more pain & trying to heal.

Spend as much quality time you can give him.

Such as very special moments, take photos, talk & hold him sum light touch massage as you speak softly & give him lots of kisses; whatever you can do to be as close as he will let you!

It is neva easy to say good bye.
I would & have said before when my two female cats went to heaven;
I will see you up in kitty heavens & will always loves you you darling!

He will let you know when he is ready!

Blessings goes to you & yur your Mac meditatemeditatemeditatemeditate

Luvs ya,
Kally Kat
ღ ღ
[notify]

Mac (Angel)

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 3:54pm PST 
Mac was due his syrgery on wednesday he didnt have it, he's on some meds and right now is eating again and seems a lot more comfortable, the vet doesnt know how long the meds will work but right now they are and today was a good day for him,he ate and played, im praying for many more good days, at least for now he seems not to be any pain and he seems happy...im the one whos suffering. cry
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 5:35pm PST 
It's good to know that Mac is feeling a bit better, and we all hope he stays that way for many, many days. It's one of the conditions of loving: those who love, suffer. It's so much harder to watch a loved one suffer than to suffer ourselves, but that's how love is. Remember that if the time comes that you have to help him go: the pain will be all yours; there will be none for him. He will be met on The Other Side by angels and friends, and welcomed with Love. Your tears will be for yourself. For now, accept each good day as the blessing it is; tell Mac each day how much you love him. We've all been where you are (and most likely will be again, at least, in my case), so we empathize. Your journey is yours alone, but there are friends all around who will support you. May Mac's Creator bless you with all that you need to see Mac through this.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat Mar 15, '14 2:05pm PST 
While I cannot fix this awful thing happening, I send you powerful prayers & hugs from my heart. You have some quality time with him now and that is great. He gets to be with you, and he may be good for a long while. Just please know that all of us are here for you surrounding you with love & comfort at this hardest of times. Renee & The kitty quartet hughughughug
[notify]

Mac (Angel)

Purred: Fri Apr 18, '14 2:58am PST 
My boy is gone,im broken, i dont know what to do without him,he was only 23 months old and too young to leave us, he fought so hard, my life will never be the same without him, he changed my life with his fluffiness and i willmiss him forever, it hurts to breathe without him
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Apr 22, '14 6:12pm PST 
I was unable to get on here Friday to post. I am so very sorry. I hoped so much that Mac would rally for you. I know you are hurting so much right now. I wish I knew the right words to say - all I can say is how bad I feel for you & that I send you prayers and hugs. hug
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2