GO!

Suddenly Gone to the bridge

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Goliath

I'm a tiny angel

Purred: Sun Oct 20, '13 2:39pm PST 
Today little Goliath left us for the bridge. He was a tiny little stray kitten that my husband brought in the day before my birthday. He fit in so perfectly with the rest of our animals, 3 other cats and 9 dogs. Tiny Goliath used to sleep on my pillow above my head at night. But for the last few days he had been hiding in my son's bedroom window and had not been eating or drinking anything at all. His gums were very pale today and I gave him a bath to get rid of the fleas but he passed away while I was drying him off. I feel like I might have caused his death somehow.
[notify]

Zoey

Mom says I am- her special- Girl!!

Purred: Sun Oct 20, '13 5:06pm PST 
Sending you so many HUGS!!
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Mon Oct 21, '13 8:33am PST 
Rest assured that you did not cause Goliath's passing by giving him the bath; it was the fleas who are to blame. Unbelievable as it can be, a heavy flea infestation can suck enough blood from a body to cause severe anemia, which is what Goliath evidently had - that's why his gums were so pale. Find some consolation in the fact that he passed in a home where he is loved, not unnoticed and unmourned. He's waiting happily for you at Rainbow Bridge!
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Mon Oct 21, '13 2:47pm PST 
Althea is right - and please remember you gave this kitten love & a home, even for a short time - and he felt love. That is more than so many get. PUrrs to you on your loss. Fly free little Goliath! little angellittle angel
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Mon Oct 21, '13 3:04pm PST 
I agree with Althena, as Tigger said, you gave this loving kitten a home, cherished him and nursed him, you are wonderful people and your not the cause, for you did your best to help him. You are loving, kind people. Some people would have kept walking and not have payed any attention to Golaith, but you guys did. You helped him and gave him what any animal wants, a loving forever home.

RIP, Golaith. little angellittle angellittle angellittle angel
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Mon Oct 21, '13 3:04pm PST 
Althea, sorry.
[notify]