GO!

Tom passed away July 30, 2013

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Tommy

Tommy The- Titanic

Purred: Tue Aug 20, '13 9:46am PST 
Hi everyone, I'm Suzy and have officially been a member here since July 30, 2007, coincidentally the same day (just different year) my fur baby died. He was only at month away from turning 17. I may have made him older than he really was, earlier when I said he was 16. I'm not sure when I updated his profile. I never really came here, and kind of feel stupid saying all this in front of you that I never came here to support! so sorry.

Tom had chronic renal failure and couldn't go on another week. Tommy was at one time a 20 pound cat b/c he was a very big cat, with huge muscles who slowly but surely turned into a frail feline who looked sickly and tired. In fact I told my husband that when my eyes met with Tom's eyes they were usually his big green eyes as he was a pure black cat. But they were all red and glossed over. When his eyes met mine, Tommy didn't have that 'happy-go-lucky presence to him anymore. When he looked at me towards the end, I swear if he could talk, it would have been "Mommy, I'm sick, tired and sad." I brought him to the vet since March of this year about 5 times. Nothing would cure Tommy. It was his time. Plus 17 years is a long lifespan and somebody told me shortly after Tom passed that the age was an indication that I was a good pet parent. Although nobody can help it if their young cat gets a deadly disease.

I have to say being in the room during euthanization on July 30 at 2:30pm, really did kill me. The entire process kind of traumitized me to the point where I really feel so bad and guilty now. I didn't know how dramatic it was. I just ran out crying. I don't think I can ever get another cat again. He was it. How could I top the best cat in the world.

One good thing has happened since his passing. I had a dream that I saw Tommy sitting on the floor looking very young and healthy again, like he was 5 years old!

Well, take care,

Suzy cry
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Fri Aug 30, '13 2:45pm PST 
I am sorry for your loss. It surely is never easy, even when you know in your heart it is time to let them go in peace, it still hurts so much. Doesn't matter if you didn't visit, you still deserve virtual hugs for losing a family member. He seemed to have a good long life with you, and seeing him in year dream must have been very comforting. He was trying to tell you that he is all good now. I wish you peace, and if you are meant to have another kitty in your life, your beloved Tommy will send one to you. hug
[notify]

Tommy

Tommy The- Titanic

Purred: Fri Aug 30, '13 7:14pm PST 
Thank you so very much... I need to say two things:

1. Thank you to whomever put all that work into making a Tommy page for me, I was crying.

2. When I received the email from Catsters and saw the page, I was a little confused b/c I didn't think anyone knew Tommy passed away, but then I explored the site a little more and saw that I actually wrote something about him, and I'm sorry to ever make anyone think that wasn't a beautiful page! It's the best! I'll cherish it forever

Paws and hugs,

Suzy - pet parent of Tommy

9/1/96 - 7/30/2013
[notify]