GO!

I can't handle this...

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri May 24, '13 11:15pm PST 
I don't know if anyone remember's Luna..I haven't been here too much.

She was put down today...she had aggressive cancer with fluid build up in her lungs. The vet took some fluid out but not long after...her breathing was pretty bad again.... There were not much options for her...anything we did would only extend her life a few months if lucky. She would keep having fluid build up still..

I wish I had more time with her..I was gone picking up meds from the vet and came home to notice her breathing in distress..just to turn around and go back too the vet... I wish I could of had a few more days with her but with how rapid she started breathing again after the vet took some fluid..he didn't think she would last the weekend..her lungs were already 70%full of fluid..

I feel so guilty..because she was so young..only 5......why did it have to be her?..I am having a really hard time dealing with this...the progression happened so fast...

It just feels so unreal...I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up and she is on the bed..
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat May 25, '13 2:43pm PST 
This is Stella. We are so very sorry that you lost Luna like this and are suffering so much from her loss. Horrible things happen and there is no explaining them. You know from reading here that everyone thinks that she has gone to the Rainbow Bridge and is happy and not in pain and looking down on you hoping to convey how much she loved you and wants you not to hurt any more. If it is any consolation, he went to the Bridge very quickly, without lingering in pain. She had a short but happy life with you. When you can bear to think of it, think of giving another little beauty a happy life with you. Luna will be happy for you to do so, and according to many here, she will point you towards a suitable candidate.

There are a number of online and telephone grief counselors for pet loss--you sound like you need to talk to them right now. One that our person used when I ran off in 2005 was called Lightning Strike.com. It helped her a lot, but then I also came back after 6 days so that helped more. I think there is a place here on Catster with a list.

As my person is having to deal with my very long and protected departure to the Bridge from numerous diseases, she knows that the opposite is also very hard to do. You did everything you could do for her, but it ended so quickly, as it does sometimes. Giant sad purrs to you from all of us. hug cat on moon
[notify]

Cali

The Most- Beautiful Girl- In The World

Purred: Sat May 25, '13 4:05pm PST 
My mommy says she is so very sorry and sad to read about your beloved kitty.
While there are no words of comfort she can offer please know that you are in her thoughts.
She always says that she has no choice but to believe we will someday be reunited with those we love the most in this world, two or four legs it matters not.
The sadness and despair seem to never end but there will come a day when thoughts of your dear Luna will bring not tears but a smile.

big hug

Edited by author Sat May 25, '13 4:08pm PST

[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Sat May 25, '13 4:09pm PST 
Yes, you did handle it and you did what you could for Luna. To keep her from pain, you released her. Thank you. It is so hard to let them go no matter how long that they are with you. There are some that just let them go in pain. You didn't. I gave my Natasha her wings. She was going to be hurting so soon that I couldn't bear to see her hurt. It is so hard on us because we love them so much. The first week is the worst....I didn't sleep in my bed that I shared with her. The hurt is always there but she is now your guardian angel. Perhaps, she will return to you one day.
I do believe my Natasha was my pet from many years ago. Now, my Juliette reminds me of my
pet from childhood. She is one smartie.....Take care of yourself. Luna would not you to hurt.
Our sympathies....
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat May 25, '13 7:50pm PST 
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is so hard to make that final decision, and then you second guess yourself -it is a normal reaction. Please know that you did all you could, and as a last gift of love to Luna, you let her go. You would not have wanted to see her gasping for breath, and suffering. I know you wished for more time, but remember the lovely times that you did have. Take one day at a time, it may not seem so now, but it will get a little better. You will think of her with less pain & more happy thoughts one day. I wish you peace, and send you hugs & purrs. hug
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Mon May 27, '13 7:02am PST 
Dear Luna's mom,
You know, you were the best for her. You loved her and gave her a wonderful kind and loving home. We, as cats, don't know 'time'. We know warm naps in the sun, playing with our toys, sitting in boxes and being loved.
Time to us is you and love and all the wonders of home.
Luna had that.
I sit up on my hinds, and salute you dear human. You are and will furever be loved.

Ruffy
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Mon May 27, '13 9:36pm PST 
Yes, you did what you had to do. You let her go. You did handle it for her in her greatest time of need. It is the hardest thing ever, but you did it. Now your heart is broken and it makes no sense, and you need time to heal. I'm so sorry for your loss. She is free of the pain now. Thank you for not letting her linger on, something I have been guilty of before. I had a dog that had the same problem, his lungs were filling up, he had congestive heart failure and possibly cancer too. He was very old. He kept struggling to breath and and I wanted to take him in and my husband said not yet, so we kept this going for a while until I couldn't stand the thought of him struggling for his least breath and I took him in myself and said goodbye. My husband was so angry with me, but I said he was being selfish keeping him hanging on in the condition he was in. I'm glad that you didn't do that, that you were strong enough to say goodbye to your kitty. You did the right thing. It sucks so bad though to have to say goodbye. I know you wanted more time, but you truly did the right thing. I'm so sorry for your loss.
[notify]

Luna

Queen of the- house

Purred: Fri May 31, '13 2:35am PST 
Thanks for the replies everyone.big hug

It's been very rough since then, just so many emotions. Luna had her cremation yesterday, she had a witnessed private cremation. I was able to see her before cremation one last time and was there during the whole process. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Once the furnace turned on, it hit me a lot harder.

I am having some of her ashes turned into a necklace, so I can always have her with me. I will also be building a little shrine like area for her.
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Sat Jun 1, '13 3:31am PST 
I did a memory event for mine when they pass. I brought their favorite items out and pictures. We had shrimp for Ben and whipped cream for Natasha. It helped to talk about them and know that they are no longer hurting. My family and I lit candles for them. It helped with the healing. You feel like a whole in your heart has been made. Just think if you never met how that would have been. Time with them is worth everything. I would not trade for anything. My sister won't get a pet because she doesn't want to go through the pain when they leave. She is missing quite a bit.
Their love lasts forever in our hearts and memories. Do a memory event for Luna. She is always with you one way or another....take care of yourself....
[notify]

Cali

The Most- Beautiful Girl- In The World

Purred: Thu Jun 6, '13 7:09pm PST 
I made a memorial page for my dear angel Happy at the site angelkitties.com it is free and used by many folks on the yahoo cat support groups forums (I was on the kitty heart disease list as Happy had HCM. Ironically so does my dear Cali)

All three of my angels are buried in our "Kitty Memorial Garden" along with a neighborhood stray killed by a car in front of our home the day before Happy died.
My hubby didnt want to see him tossed into the landfill so we buried him with our boys and gave him a name. I even bought him a small plaque.

The garden has headstones, cat and angel statues, angel fountain and a cement bench.
I miss them so and dread the day another memorial stone will be added to the garden. cry
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2