GO!

So Sorry_ my dear Phoenix killed in tumble drier

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

JASPER

I promise to be- more careful- next time!

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 2:49am PST 
I had a wonderful intelligent dark grey Tom by the name of Phoenix who I adopted as an unwanted cat. He was only 2 but a constant source of amusement and pleasure.
Unknown to me he had somehow climbed into my Tumble drier and I switched it on. I am paranoid about checking the barrel of my tumble drier as I am aware how dangerous these machines are to cats. I have no idea how this happened only that it happened. On Christmas Eve I pulled out my washing and then pulled out my dead cat. I was and still am- mortified. This is not like losing a beloved pet due to natural causes. I pressed the button - I shut the door- I killed my cat. I am overcome with grief and guilt. I can only pray that he did not suffer too long and died quickly.
It hurts me to write this, but I am doing so to warn all cat owners that as it is getting winter they should be overly cautious that cats will crawl in a drier because it is warm and cosy.

I hope Phoenixs soul is at peace now and not scarred by the way he died. I hope one day to be able to sleep through the night and will stop waking up at 3am with the haunting awful memory of how I pulled him from my drier (which gets thrown on the tip today).

I love you Phoenix and I am so so sorry. RIP xx

PS- the picture is of my former cat jasper and I dont know how to change the name or picture
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 8:27am PST 
I am so very sorry. Purring for you.
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 7:39pm PST 
This is Delyte and the Greys. We are so very sorry for your loss. There is nothing you can do to go back in time and check the dryer, as much as you wish you can. The best you can do is celebrate the life he had with you--after all you rescued him and gave him a good life. We kitties do not have as many brain cells as we need sometimes, and Mother Nature focuses more on keeping the cat species alive by giving them this urge to hide in places, which on an individual level can be a personal tragedy as it is in your case. Everyone who reads your post will check the dryer before turning it on for a long time to come, so perhaps Phoenix's story will help another kitty and person.

WE are purring for you so hard at this horrible time. hug rainbow
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Thu Dec 27, '12 2:09pm PST 
This is one of my biggest fears. We need to get a front loader washer but I hate them because the cats may climb in. They can be so fastfrown
Both washer and drier will be on ground level which I'm not keen on.
I've heard of this before. I'm going to have to be very very careful with a rule the doors always stay shut. I wish they were safer. Many purrs from our family.
Why don't you add Phoenix to your family and give him a page of his own.
Go to MY ACCOUNT then to HAVE MORE CATS IN YOUR FAMILY add them here icon.
[notify]

TIA SYDIBIL

STILL WATERS RUN- DEEP

Purred: Thu Dec 27, '12 4:43pm PST 
hughugWe are so sorry to hear of your horrible loss. You are a strong and amazingly caring person to write about what happened in an attempt to keep another pet parent from going through what you are going through. Our Mom sends her deepest sympathy to you for your loss.hughughug
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Thu Dec 27, '12 5:44pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss! We live in an apartment and use the laundromat washers/driers so we don't have to worry about getting caught in the dryer!
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 4:26pm PST 
how horrible for you frown

im so sorry. I know its hard but do not let that image in your mind stay. push it out. your kitty knows you didnt mean to and he is in a better place. frown
[notify]