GO!

Goodbye Miss Shadow

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '12 6:59pm PST 
Mom just informed me that my brother's (litter mate) adopted cat sister Shadow passed away early this evening.

From Belle's mom: I went downstairs to talk to my neighbors and we're not sure what happened but one second Shadow was coming to greet us and the next she just fell over and was gasping for air. They think it was a heart attack or a seizure or possibly both. She would've been 12 in April.
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 8:21am PST 
What an awful shock for your mom, Belle. Whatever happened, it was very, very quick - and that is merciful. Shadow was young to go to the Bridge, but she's there, waiting for her family to join her. She's gloriously alive, purrfectly healthy, and very, very happy. Peace to her family here on Earth.hug
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 11:01am PST 
Sometimes the passing is a quick one that we have no control over. May Miss
Shadow meet those at the Bridge and they will take care of her.
Twelve is young for a passing....Our sympathies...
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 3:08pm PST 
Belle's mom here: Thank you all for the kind words of love and support. The neighbors took it pretty hard. Just to be clear, Shadow and Belle's brother live with our downstairs neighbors so they are not our cats. I just love them like they are. Belle's brother Simba was up at our apartment playing with Belle when Shadow passed so I beleive that Shadow didn't want him to see her die. Also as we were talking about her life last night, her mom (human) mentioned that her favorite toy was a monkey on a string. That's ironic because on Friday I was with them downtown Christmas shopping and I bought Belle a stuffed toy Monkey! Maybe Shadow wanted me to buy it for her?

Simba came back up to our apartment for awhile last night so they could get Shadow to where they buried her. I was with them most of the evening along with another neighbor and it broke my heart watching Simba trying to play with Shadow. Poor Belle was even not her normal self last night. She was ALOT gentler with Simba, after he left she spent most of the night in her kennel (she doesn't go in there on her own unless she wants to be left alone!) When she finally came out she came in my room, jumped on my bed and snuggled right up against my feet...usually she sleeps in the corner at the foot of the bed by the wall. Finally early this morning she woke me up and then made me follow her into my dads room and she walked up to the bed and then walked out of the room. I took that to mean that she was making sure she still had everyone in HER home with her.
[notify]