GO!

DESERT'S FHS - TOO MUCH

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 8:01am PST 
Hi Every one,

I know it's been a long time since I’ve been on the site.

For those who may be interested in Desert and his FHS I thought I would finally post an update.

Unfortunately I had to put him to sleep this was done back in May. It has been a hard time since and there was a move thrown in.

My poor Desert it seems was diagnosed too late for the Gabapentin to have permanent benefits. Eventually he just became too dangerous. I have a few scars from the episodes. Not that he did anything on purpose but the attacks would come suddenly at night and I would be in the direct line of fire. He also started becoming grumpy as his weight was increasing.

It was a very hard decision but the support of my Vets was wonderful as he had a condition that you could not see and was not as tangible as let's say a broken leg. I questioned my decision for a long time but I know that he is no longer suffering, and that helps a lot.

It would be wonderful if more people and vets in particular were aware of FHS and that diagnoses were faster in coming.

I would also love to see more research done as we really do not understand what is happening with our little ones when they start havening their freak out episodes.

I know that my poor Desert was suffering and I know that he no longer is.

Just thought you would be interested in the update.
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 10:03pm PST 
I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty. That is such a hard thing to do, but as you said, he is no longer suffering and has some peace. Sending purrs to you. hug
[notify]

Casey - Forever- Loved RIP

The Year of the- Casey Cat!

Purred: Wed Aug 31, '11 11:01pm PST 
hughughug
[notify]