GO!

Miss Charlotte, we let you down, I am so sorry...we loved you so.

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Louie the- Lover Angel- Guide

Believe in- love-and its- yours!

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 9:09am PST 
It's with tears in my eyes this morning tht I report Miss Charlotte passed away either last night or early this morning.
She had her dentistry yesterday and was released from the vet in the late afternoon. She had been given a shot for the pain, and they told us she should be able to eat.
When we picked her up she meowed her very quiet little meows to me.
I spoke to her, and rubbed her face. She seemed a little cold and I asked my husband to turn down the air in the car.
We bought her back to the Cat House. Celia, a long term volunteer picked her up and welcomed her back. She was set down on a towel.
She seemed quiet, and contineued to gaze at me, and now I wonder, was she imploring me for help? Oh, that I could speak your language my darling, and know what you wanted me to know? Did we do wrong by you? The vet said that some of your teeth were very bad!
I am upset with myself! I don't like this vet!
Our own vet would probably have kept you for a couple days after...but this place, they discharged you after the dentistry, despite that you were an older kitty. I don't care what this rescue does...we won't use this vet again!
But it's too late for you, my gentle little Soul!

I can't stop crying. I am so sorry, Miss Charlotte. Louie whispered to me that you departed this life, not alone, but with the other felines you'd known for so long around you. But it seems so, so so unfair.

My heart is haunted. I'm sorry my love. I'm so sorry.
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 10:53am PST 
We are sorry for the loss of Miss Charlotte, you did what you thought was the best for her. Perhaps there was something wrong with her that was not obvious to the vet. She knew she was loved, and you cared for her.

Sending soft paw pats and hugs to you and all the volunteers who give so much to cats and all animals in need.

The New Orleans Kittieshug
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 12:23pm PST 
HUGS for you, you did what you thought was right at the time. You couldn't have known she was going to the bridge. Please don't reproach yourself, she loved you as you loved her. RIP Miss Charlotte, fly free at the bridge little angellittle angel
[notify]

Indiana- Angel Cat

Angel cat of tha- Jungle!

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 1:01pm PST 
Sending Love your way. Poor sweetie-We only do what we think is the right thing So Much to you!
[notify]

Rupert

Daddy's Boy

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 2:11pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss but you did not let Miss Charlotte down, you did what was right but something happened which you had no control over. She knew that you loved her very much and she loved you in return. She is now over the bridge with many of our loving kitties and out of pain, feeling like a kitten again. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Claire, Rupert, Katie, Zira and Angel Callie(who we just lost on Monday)
[notify]

Jackson - 9/2007-5/201- 1

Missed so much

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 5:22pm PST 
Please don't feel you let Miss Charlotte down. You provided her with love and the care she needed. Many of us who have lost our furbabys have felt that guilt, that we should have/could have done more to save them, but some things are just out of our hands. Miss Charlotte knew you loved her very much. Yes, she is at Rainbow Bridge now, she is at peace and watching over you. Bless you for caring so much for those kitties in rescue, you are a very special person! hug
[notify]

♥Simo- n♥

Mommy's baby- kitty

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 5:38pm PST 
So sorry for the loss of your sweet Miss Charlotte. hughughug Sending gentle purrs to you and all those at your shelter who care for these precious babies. She knew unconditional love and will always be grateful to you for that. Fly free and high sweet girl! rainbowlittle angelrainbowlittle angelrainbow
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 6:13pm PST 
Oh Dear we ar so sorry

Boxie Brown- Forever

Boxie B.- with a- goatee!!

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 6:21pm PST 
We are so sorry for your loss!
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 6:29pm PST 
I work with cats all the time, and this is the most frustrating part of it: they can't tell us where they hurt. Kitties can tolerate a lot of pain without showing it, but she may have gotten some kind of endocarditis, like a heart infection, carried in the bloodstream from her teeth. If so, she left very quickly and painlessly. This happens to humans too.
You tried. It wasn't meant to be - for whatever reason. But you did not let her down, you did not neglect her. You just can't help when you don't know. That's all. Unfortunately, we don't get to know everything. I'm very sorry for your loss, it's horrible under any circumstances, without these difficulties you're putting on yourself.
Try to be gentle with yourself, and give yourself a break, like you would for any friend. Then go on and listen to her cues from the Bridge, and save another life in her name. Luv, B & Tinkkitty
Miss Charlotte:little angelrainbowrainbowrainbowrainbow
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2