GO!

Goodbye Lola, I love you...

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lola

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 4:09pm PST 
Lola has passed away. She had been failing the past few months, and I knew it was coming, but nothing could prepare me for it. I am absolutely heartbroken. I had at least two appointments to have her put down, but then cancelled them when she would act a bit better. She had chronic renal failure, hyperthyroidism, high blood pressure, seizures and she was blind and deaf in the end. I brought her home 1 year ago at age 18 years, dumped because she was "old and had problems", from the shelter where I volunteer. She loved to be hugged and snuggled, and purred whenever I touched her. She had a great appetite despite all her medical problems, so it was difficult for me to tell if she was "ready" to be put down.

Well, she made the decision on her own, on her own terms. She passed away Friday sometime while I was at work. When I left, she had eaten an entire breakfast, and I gave her about 200 cc's of her subcutaneous fluids. She was in her bed, comfortable when I left, and that is eactly how I found her, curled in her bed. I feel incredibly guilty that she passed away alone, I can not forgive myself for that. But, I suppose it is better than being at the Vet, which she HATED.

Goodbye Lola, my beautiful, sweet kitty, you taught more than you will ever know. I am so sorry you had to die alone, but at least you were in your bed, your favorite place....
[notify]

Jackson - 9/2007-5/201- 1

Missed so much

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 4:38pm PST 
Lola's story brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry she passed. Bless you for giving her a home and showing her so much LOVE in her final year. You are a wonderful person and Lola LOVED you too. rainbow hug hug hug
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 6:09pm PST 
I'm purrrring from the bridge--bless you, sweet mommy for taking Lola when she was already a 'senior cat'. Meowma got me when most would have called me 'too old' and lovbed me best of all her kitties ever even though she only got to have me for 4 years. Oh no, I see my Meowma crying agin. Sleep well old and well loved Lola.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 7:37pm PST 
Bless you from the bottom of my heart for bringing her home and loving her in her old age! She couldn't have picked a more loving parent to care for her. Sometimes kitties choose to pass away alone and don't want their parents to see it. She was probably sleeping and passed gently in her sleep, which is the best way to go. She must have loved you so much and still does! I'm so very sorry for your loss. I really am. We're all here for you, don't feel like you're alone at all. hug
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 7:42pm PST 
That's what I was going to say, that she probably even hung on until you left. Bless you for giving her such love in her final year, what a beautiful gift!! Sorry you had to lose her in this life. You are in our thoughts & purrayers. Lola was a very fortunate kitty. rainbowrainbowrainbow

Lola:little angel
[notify]

Reuben (An- angel now)

Forever an Angel

Purred: Tue Jul 5, '11 2:07pm PST 
We are so sorry for the loss of your beloved Lola! Just like the others said this story brought tears to mom's eyes! rainbowrainbowrainbow Bless you for bringing this gentle soul into your life and giving her the unconditional love she so deserved. Mom volunteers at a shelter as well and there are so many older cats with medical issues that just get passed by day after day, month after month. No one ever wants to take on the care of the older pets and so they sit waiting for the chance at a furever home. You saw the beauty and love that sweet Lola had to offer and she will always love you for that! hughughughug Mom's sweet Reuben passed away while he was curled up sleeping. He had been an outdoor cat for 10yrs until mom took him in. It's a peaceful gift and Lola will always be with you watching over you. Rest in peace dearest Lola!! hugrainbowhugrainbowhug
[notify]

Lola

Purred: Tue Jul 5, '11 4:26pm PST 
Oh my gosh!!! We are overwhelmed by the sincere notes you have sent us!! I am so touched!!! Thank you all for understanding, and for taking the time to read about her and send condolences...

It is so wonderful to be able to talk about her, and know I am talking to others who know how I feel and what we are going through. I love this forum. We loved her so much, not because she was so needy, but because she was truely a loving baby. Even when she felt her worst, she would roll over to have her belly rubbed, purring the entire time. When I took her home a year ago, at that age and in that condition, I honestly didn't know how long we would have her. She amazed all of us, even the Vet who couldn't believe how amazing she looked, despite such terrible lab results. Her kidney levels were off the charts, and because of that she wouldn't eat, and then it was difficult to get her to take her thyroid pill, and then the circle just repeated itself. My poor baby....

Thanks again and gosh, I have to say to a whole bunch of strangers...I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! (now I am tearing up...)
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Tue Jul 5, '11 6:06pm PST 
cry So sorrie to hear about Lola's passing ova to the
Rainbow rainbow bridge.
Yur a wunnaful Momkatt, don't eva feel guilty about how Lola passed on & at home in which was a warm & peaceful journey.

Thank you so much for giving her a very speshill last year of hur precious life.

Bless you for always!

Huggs & love to you,
Kally Kat

hughughug
[notify]

Nigel ~Angel- DB #41b

11 pounds of- pure love!

Purred: Tue Jul 5, '11 10:19pm PST 
We are very sorry to hear about Lola's passing. rainbow
She's a beautiful kitty! Some kitties pass on their own terms and we agree she probably hung on until you went to work. Don't feel guilty that you weren't there. hug

My Nigel passed away on October 22 of last year. He had cancer and after a steroid treatment he couldn't walk for almost a month. We had an appointment to put him to sleep on Saturday, October 23rd. Nigel decided to go his own way and waited until my husband and I both came home from work that Friday night on the 22nd and then he passed on. To be honest, we thought it was a relief that he passed away at home instead of having to bring him to the vet.

Lola knew you loved her and you will be together again one day!rainbow

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Wed Jul 6, '11 2:36am PST 
Dear Lolas person,
There is a special place in Cat Heaven for you with Lola. As an Elderwise kitty, Lola was your angel, sent to you to guide and love you. You did a wonderful thing in taking her home and sharing a life and love.
We are sending you many many purrs...and I reach out and touch you with my paw...and tell you, yes, you are very loved and Lola will never leave you..we come back, you know! smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2