GO!

A beautiful story of love and loss

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Jun 30, '11 11:04am PST 
I just read this on msncb.com and really wanted to share it. It's so beautiful and speaks volumes about how we turn to each other on the web to help us grieve the loss of our furry families.

When Lucky died: A grief observed, on social media
[notify]

Nellie

cause thats what- i am a princess

Purred: Thu Jun 30, '11 10:51pm PST 
thats a lovely story thanks for posting alex
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri Jul 1, '11 3:51pm PST 
You're welcome Nellie, I loved how much this man adored Lucky. We certainly know how he feels about his loss. hug
[notify]

Nellie

Purred: Fri Jul 1, '11 6:44pm PST 
well mom never lost a cat or dog. but she had hamsters and all of them have now since passed. idk if that counts since they dont live very long.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sat Jul 2, '11 8:04am PST 
Nellie losing any pet to someone like our moms is devastating so yes. If it's a pet that your mommy loved very much, of course it counts. Every furchild counts.
[notify]

Nellie

Purred: Sat Jul 2, '11 9:37am PST 
my mom cried when they passed and my father said stop crying it just a pet lol
[notify]

Jackson - 9/2007-5/201- 1

Missed so much

Purred: Sat Jul 2, '11 10:22am PST 
I've cried over every pet I've ever lost-even goldfish & turtles! After my dog, Lucky, died I cried for weeks and was pretty non-functional for months. I still, out of the blue, will start crying over Jackson. I just hate it when people don't understand the love we have for our pets. Some people, when I tell them I'm so emotional because I recently lost my cat, look at me like I have two heads! My pets ARE my children-they're the only "kids" I have. I'm so grateful for the folks here on Catster as well as my animal-loving family and friends. I don't know how I would have made it through those first few weeks after losing Jack without them! Great story, Alex! Thanks for sharing!
[notify]