GO!

almost a year, nice way to memorialize?

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Nikki- I miss U- 5/17/2010

Sweet and gentle

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 6:15pm PST 
It will be a year since i lost my cat Nikki. I still feel sad about her and its hard to talk about her, look at photos or videos without crying.. i did adopt a new cat which helps.
I wanted to do something nice for the 1 year mark since she died., any ideas ?
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 8:04pm PST 
If you have even a small garden area in your yard you could plant a memorial garden there and put one of those little solar lit stones in her honor. That way you could sit there from time to time and talk to her when you need her near you. little angel
[notify]

Charlie~Ange- l DB #41a

Orange and White- Fluff

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 8:49pm PST 
That's a really good idea, Alex. In our garden, we have a stepping stone we made from a kit we got at a craft store. We have Nigel's pawprints imprinted in and we etched his name in it. A pic of Charlie's grave is on his page. I had some bricks in the backyard and I bought some flowers at the local farmer's market. I also put in a couple of solar lights. I saw some butterfly solar lights on the Internet that would be cool.

*hugs to you and Nikki*hug

Edited by author Sun May 15, '11 8:50pm PST

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 8:58pm PST 
Oh Charlie that sounds beautiful! See Nikki? We all kind of have the same idea. I like the garden spot because it can be a place to go and reflect and mom feels that seeing beautiful flowers grow in my name, brings new life to the earth. I'm not buried, I'm in an urn next to her bed. But it doesn't matter. It can be anything and anywhere you like as long as you know its for her.

You could do a nice little display in your house too. Like a picture table with a poem there and a candle and then light that candle at a certain time and talk to her. We all have our ways of coping with those anniversaries. For my mom it was tougher last year, which was the second year. It hit her a lot harder then for some reason. cry
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 11:13pm PST 
I have cat ornaments in the garen, one for each cat I have lost over last 12 years. Each stone cat has the name and date of birth or gotcha date and year of death. I use permenent marker to write on them and touch up as necessary.
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Mon May 16, '11 7:29am PST 
A donation to your local shelter in your cats memory would be nice also. It would benefit these animals.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Nikki- I miss U- 5/17/2010

Sweet and gentle

Purred: Mon May 16, '11 9:56am PST 
Thanks for the idea, the plant idea sounds nice,, and the donation, I was thinking of laying flowers in her favorite spot where she slept as well.
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Mon May 16, '11 11:35am PST 
Good idea Pete applauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon May 16, '11 12:39pm PST 
The donation is definitely another nice idea. When I passed away, mommy's vet and the whole staff made a large donation to Cornell University to study feline IBD in my name. Mom cried her eyes out when she got the card from Cornell.

If your kitty had any kind of chronic illness or disease, you could make even a small donation in her name for that somewhere. shrug
[notify]