GO!

Buddy has passed away and I miss him

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Buddy - In Loving- Memory

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 8:54am PST 
My first and favorite pet Buddy passed away this weekend. After struggling with whether to treat him, or put him to sleep, we came to the decision that it was best to let him go. The doctor said that the diabetes had pretty much shut down his kidney's.

We are now having to deal with the guilt, anger, and sorrow of letting him go? Could I have done more or should I have kept him around a while? Did we make the right decision, and when's the right time? Right now, it seems like never is the right time. But, I know in my heart that he is in a better place now and I have to live with my decision. It's awful! I was with him until the very end.

My other cat Baby, I've never seen her out from under the bed so much since he passed. I've found Logan on the couch where they would sometimes be in the morning. I can see that he is wondering where his cat pal is. I also am hearing and seeing things, such as where he would usually be, and he's not, etc. Pretty odd, but probably part of it.

I keep hearing this over and over again...

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright... and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice... but still, the place you live is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend". Shawshank Redemption

It does make me feel better, but things are a bit more drab and empty without my Buddy.

Edited by author Tue Feb 22, '11 9:03am PST

[notify]

TIA SYDIBIL

STILL WATERS RUN- DEEP

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 10:56am PST 
Don't beat yourself up. You did the humane, kind and necessary thing for Buddy. He is no longer sick, tired or in pain and is probably looking out the Earth Window at the Rainbow Bridge and trying to send you a sign that he's OK. Just be open to receiving it.

It's never easy to make that decision (I've had to do it twice) and you always second guess yourself no matter what the decision was.

hughug
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 11:45am PST 
Shawshank Redemption is one of my all time favorite movies. I was pretty mad it never won any awards! The love you feel for Buddy hurts so much because it's 100% pure love. Not tainted with jealousy, bitterness, distrust, etc. like we humans can have. It is the most powerful form of love there is. You did what was best for HIM, not for you! That's the best gift you could have given him, even if it doesn't feel like it.

If you'd like to, maybe reading this page on my website will help you: http://ibdkitties.net/stressandgrief.html. It's all about how stressful it is to be the caregiver of a sick animal and then the grief of losing them. It's helped some people, maybe it will help you. I hope you know that these feelings are completely normal and even though they feel so awful right now, he's only gone in the physical sense, not the spiritual! Energy never dies, it only transforms. hug
[notify]

Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 4:43pm PST 
Sorry to hear about Buddy. Our Ben had diabetes but he died from cancer and not diabetes. He was regulated pretty well. Ben is now our guardian angel and he will be there for Buddy. Our Ben was one big boy most of his life. He was our first cat here. Even though he was with us for sixteen years, we missed him terribly. You will always miss them but we got to share our love with the new one, Alex who is now eight and Ben's buddy, Natasha who just reached sixteen. ...Buddy is out of pain and can go anywhere he wants to....take care and know that he would not want you to be too sad as he brought your happiness......Alex and Natasha....
[notify]

SKIDS KITTY- gone, never- forgot

lil human on 4- legs

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 10:58pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss. I had to do this twice before, and I knwo how it hurts please know you did all you could do. I thnk if they could tell us that is what they would say to us.Then they would thanks us for the wonderful like they lived full of love with us.
[notify]

Buddy - In Loving- Memory

Purred: Wed Feb 23, '11 12:00pm PST 
Thanks everyone. It is really difficult, but we know he's in a better place with lots of friends. We'll see him again one day, but we'll think of him often until then.

We will be planting a coffee or lime tree in his memory this weekend. Buddy loved coffee, but we're not sure if one will grow in our area.

Thanks again. All the best!
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Feb 23, '11 2:13pm PST 
I'm a gardener but I live in the northeast. Still I've been to CA and I don't think a coffee tree will grow there. I think a lime tree might though. If you can grow orange and lemon trees there (which I know you do), I don't see why not a lime tree. I wonder what that would smell like? Hmmmmmm. The smell of waking up to lemon and orange blossoms was awesome! We can't do that here! frown I think coffee trees can only grow south of the equator. Not sure though.
[notify]

Weeble - Kitten Angel

I may wobble,- but I never fall- down!

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 12:31pm PST 
Our family is sending your grieving family a huge HUG and purrs for healing and comfort. Buddy, the five of us would love to be your friends here at the Bridge, until we are all reunited with our families. hug
[notify]

Chiquitita

Sing a new- song...

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 3:45pm PST 
Sending you hugs and calico kisseshug we used to live in Florida and had several lime trees, and when citrus trees bloom they give such a lovely scent I think that would be a beautiful tribute to your beloved baby...
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Sat Feb 26, '11 4:29pm PST 
You freed him from a body that betrayed him - that is a gift. Please don't second-guess yourself. If they could tell us, it would be easier, but you have to trust that you knew him better than anyone, and your intuition told you when it was the right time. You are in our thoughts and purrayers. Luv, Tink: kitty Buddy: little angel
[notify]