GO!

Bye, Mama Kitty...

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Mama (R.I.P)-

Don't Tell Me- What to do!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 4:19pm PST 
Mama is at the vet right now being put down..it was so sudden.. I couldn't bring myself to go with her, and now i feel terrible that i'm not there with her..

She's only twelve..I think it was cancer. Through all this she was still purring as i petted her before my Mom wrapped her up in the blanket and took her.

Oh my god..
[notify]

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 4:36pm PST 
This is Natalies mom. When I was away on vacation several years ago, my beloved Kim became ill very suddenly. My sister rushed her to the vet, and it turned out she had sudden organ failure. No one saw it coming, and my sister had Kim put to sleep.
I was devestated when I found out, but looking back, I know she was in good hands. I know that she was loved, cared for, cherished. She didn't want for anything.
I believe that on some level, Kim choose to pass when I was away...she wanted to spare me.
Your mom sounds very loving and it sounds as if you love Mama Kitty very much. She knows that. I send you alot of hugs and the furkids alot of purrs. Please know you are thought of here, and you aren't alone. Mama Kitty knows you love her.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:15pm PST 
Very, very often kitties choose to leave this earthly plane when their moms and dads aren't around. They don't want them to suffer seeing them like that. We're so very sorry for your loss. She knows how much you loved her. Please don't feel bad, she really does know. hug
[notify]

TIA SYDIBIL

STILL WATERS RUN- DEEP

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:17pm PST 
Your Mama Kitty knows that you love her and want whats best for her. don't beat yourself up about not being able to be there. YOU have to do whats best for you too. Mama Kitty understands.

Always remember that when she reaches the Rainbow Bridge, she is young, healthy and free from all pains and ills of this eart. She'll find her way to the Earth Window and send you signs that she's well and happy. You just have to watch out for them.

hug
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 6:43pm PST 
Do not worry about not being there. You don't say how old you are, so I assume you would be old enough that you could have gone. Just be sure to let your mom know that you wish you could have. Not everyone can handle this well. I am a bereavement assistant at a vet's office, so I go in for every cat that is put down, to assist the family. One family member is adequate - any more than 2 & I believe the pet would not know the difference. The process is relatively fast - they literally relax completely & nod off to sleep. I started this when I would go for our family cats because my mother got so overwhelmed that she needed support. So support your mom, let her know that you weren't sure what to do. Remember the best times with your kitty, and know that she left the world happy and not feeling pain because you guys had the compassion to prevent her suffering any further. I have not yet seen a case where I thought it could have been avoided. It is the right way to go and the best way to go. Luv, Tink's mom....Mama K: little angel
[notify]