GO!

We're in shock, Pat the Cat passes away suddenly

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:33am PST 
Dear Everyone,
We got a call at 7:30 this morning. Pat the Cat, a large orange tabby that was brother to Mike and Beauty, my sisters cats passed away suddenly at 6am.
My sister's beloved cat Blackie passed away 2 weeks ago, we estimate Blackie to have been anywhere from 14-16, and he flew to Rainbow Bridge after he was put under for a cat scan to have surgery. The surgeon found the growth in his mouth had spread, and to spare him pain he was allowed to go.
Alas, with Pat, who was only about 6 years old. My sister said she heard a little cry, went to the living room and Pat was stretched out on the floor, tongue out of his mouth, eyes open, and gone.
They rushed him to the ER vet, but there was nothing to be done. His spirit had departed.
My sister is in shock. The cats were her kids, and Pat had taken up the role of 'head cat' after Blackies departure. It's interesting that during life, they were rivals.
I will miss Pat, even though after the move to Long Island, he no longer spoke or came out to see me when we visited. We had helped to 'catch' them to bring them to their new home. He never forgott that.
Pat was a huge cat...he was heavier than he should have been, but he was very active always. He climbed the cat tree, he ran around. He loved my sister, he was her 'baby' and she alone could pick him up and cuddle him.
Pat, along with his calico sister beauty and Mike, the black timid love, had 'come in from the cold' 6 years ago when we lived in Richmond Hill. They were kittens that were supposed to go up for adoption, but they were wild, and only tamed with us. No rescue would take them, and so my sister, to who they deeply bonded, kept them.
My sister is in shock and feels guilty. She feels she did something wrong, though I told her that there is no blame, she did nothing, and it was just something that happened. She stated she wondered if the move several months ago put stress on them that bought this about. I told her that wasn't so, that Pat had a wonderful life, and though it was short, it was filled with comfort and happiness from her, and companionship of the others.
Now there is just Beauty and Mike.
She's lost 2 cats in 2 weeks. And this one so suddenly. I'm still in shock. When we lived at the house, we would play with Pat, his song was, because he loved Butter, and would steal it off your toast or beg if you were baking: "Pat, Pat, the Butter cat, he ate so much and he got so fat!" He would then jump up and be as likely to smack you as to be petted.
Pat was a wonderful cat. He was handsome, and so intelligent. He and Mike played with Ruffy on occasion, and accepted Ruffy as a 'cousin'.
I would ask for purrs for Pat, Blackie and my sister Kathy. She's still in shock.

tha
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:39am PST 
We are so sorry for the loss of this sweet little one.

Hugs and Kisses to your family.

xoxoxo

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 6:26am PST 
Thank you Sky,
We are purring for you here after your dentistry.
Mommy and Daddy are in shock, and I am sad. Pat was my friend. We played sometimes. Mommy put up a picture of Pat and Blackie on my page.
Pat was a 'fresh' cat. He liked to play, and liked to watch out the window at birds, just like me.
I hope that those at the bridge will meet them and greet them.
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 9:17am PST 
Big purrrs and hugs for Pat and his family, such a shame he went to the bridge suddenly, but at least he didn't suffer that we know of, poor mite xxxxx
[notify]

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Gone, but never- forgotten

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 9:36am PST 
We are so sorry for your sisters loss. At least Pat did not suffer, whatever took him it was quick. No matter how long (or short) a time a cat owns you, it is never easy to loose them.

When she is ready, there are certainly lots of cat at her local shelter who would love to adopt her. Not to "replace" Blackie or Pat, but to give another cat a furrever home.

Hugs, Purrs and Soft Paw Pats,
The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 10:13am PST 
We're so very, very sorry for your family's loss. I always hate hearing about sudden losses like this especially to such a young one. Rivals here don't mean anything, we're learning. Since Moufasa has been gone, Midnight has gotten very depressed and this week developed a very bad infection and was bleeding. She's doing good now but that was scary and we never thought she'd miss him so much. He drove her crazy for 15 years! Guess she didn't realize how much she loved that bugger. Suddenly she's taking on his characteristics that are unique to him! Please give our best to your family and big hugs. hug
[notify]

TIA SYDIBIL

STILL WATERS RUN- DEEP

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 12:38pm PST 
We are so very sorry for your sister's (and your) loss of Pat the Cat. It is never easy to lose a loved one, fur or furless. We will purr for all of you.

hughug
[notify]

Morey- Amsterdam- 1992-2005

I am THE lover- boy!

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 3:21pm PST 
Ruffy, we are so sorry for your loss. I passed away suddenly one day around 5 years ago or so exactly like you described Pat doing. Mom and Dad had a necropsy (kitty autopsy) done on me to help them understand why one second I greeted Mom as she came home from work and the next second I made a sound and was gone. The cause was an exploded lymph node and nothing could have prevented it and no one could have saved me once it happened. I hope this helps your persons sister to understand that there was nothing she could have done. It is very hard to lose one furkid, but two in such a short time is quite tragic.
[notify]

Whispers (At- the Bridge)

I am the Queen,- you will bow- before me

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 3:46pm PST 
cry I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss of not one but two cats in such a short time. Whispers left us about a year and a half ago now and it still hurts, but we knew she was sick. To have one go so suddenly...I just cant imagine. *purrs and headbonks* Please send your sister our regards and let her know that she did everything she could do. One day Pat the cat will pick out a special kitten or cat that needs your sister, and the time will be right for her to take them in. Whispers chose Misty for us, we wernt sure we were ready until she grabbed us and started to purr. We all felt that Whispers paw-picked her at just the right time. I know the same will happen for your sister one day too.
[notify]

Tiny Tot

the tinister- kitty

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 8:23pm PST 
Oh my goodness we are sorry to hear of your sisters loss. Purrs Prayers, and head rubs for you and your sister's family. Pat's rescue story is a lot like ours we were feral kittes up for adoptation but we only trusted "mom" so she kept four of us and alley went to the bridge in Oct of last year, mom's heart hurts for your sister to lose two babies so close together hasto be very tought. sending our prayers and purrs.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2