GO!

my Dukhat

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Dukhat

fuzzyman

Purred: Wed Nov 3, '10 6:56pm PST 
My babycat died last night.
He went to the vet while I was in Florida, my roommate brought him because he was having some trouble breathing.
He deteriorated very quickly. A cardiologist the next day determined that he had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, or HCM, common in Maine Coons, I've been told.
The next day he threw a clot to his back legs when he was supposed to go home.
Later that day his heart started beating erratically and he threw a great many clots. He was yowling in pain and I was 850+ miles away and couldn't be with my boy when they put him down. I wanted so badly to be with him when he passed, to sing to him, to see him away. But I was far far away and couldn't.
I'm back at home in my apartment now and my baby Dukhat isn't with me any longer.
He wasn't even two.
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Thu Nov 4, '10 7:36am PST 
That is a hard thing to have your cat pass when you aren't able to be present.

Please accept our condolences for your loss; we are purring for you.

Shade, Smudge, and Chaucer
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Thu Nov 4, '10 12:34pm PST 
So very, very sorry for your loss. It's tough being a Maine Coon and not knowing what may happen. I can imagine how horrible it feels to have not been there but it's not your fault. Still, I know it still hurts and you'll blame yourself because that's what all loving kitty parents do. Just try not to be alone, you can always come here if you're overwhelmed with sorrow. we'll do the best we can to see you through it. hug
[notify]