GO!

Your Emergency Contact Cards (Preparing for Life without Mom or Dad)

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 75)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Miss Mittens- - Angel DG #14

Angel Diva

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 5:10am PST 
*bump*

little angel
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 7:34am PST 
Wow! I wasn't even on Catster when this thread was started. As a matter of fact, I was still on earth with my mommy. But this is a great idea and I have additional information for you as well. Check out an article one of the pawents of an IBD kitty wrote on my website. It's very thorough and good knowledge to have: http://ibdkitties.net/planningahead.html
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 9:00am PST 
I think this is an excellent idea. When I had my tarantulas they were in my will, with 1000 I couldn't let them go just anywhere, I will have to sort kitties out now lol.
[notify]

Mordred,PAWS

No Not-Moms!!!!

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 11:30am PST 
Mom doesn't know how she missed this, but it's a great idea, and she's going to make cards for each of the 5 of us.

Another thing: Mom asked 3 friends and got their permission to put it into her will who will go where. Althea and I will stay together; Blue will go to another friend, and the two outdoor cats will go to yet another friend. All this is detailed in Mom's will, so it's legal and binding! She also stipulated that a certain amount of money go with each of us AND that Althea and I, who would go to a friend in another part of the country, if we have to be flown - we are to be accompanied and to travel in the cabin only, not in the cargo hold. Again - all in her will and legally binding!

The cards will serve a wonderful purpose so that we're properly taken care of while waiting to go to our new homes. Of course, Mom hopes this never happens - that we travel to the Bridge so that we can be there to meet here - but she feels so much more peaceful in her mind and heart, knowing that dear friends are standing by if needed.

So, pawrents, think about adding your furchildren to your will; you might feel a bit odd, but Mom's attorney told her it's being done more and more these days.way to go
[notify]

Hazel Lucy,- Charles- Dorney, Ma

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 6:16pm PST 
Since 2008 I have learned a lot more on this subject. Many rescue organizations including the SPCA have forms you can use and copy to give to people. I keep the full-size sheet on the refrigerator and on the inside of the door to the apartment. Glad this thread is taking off again!
[notify]

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 75)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8