GO!

Your Emergency Contact Cards (Preparing for Life without Mom or Dad)

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 8:18pm PST 
Oi! We thought we read that Aldo, Tess and Noelle were already safe. It was scary and shocking to hear that Noelle was with animal control and that Aldo and Tess still needed homes. After we learned of our mistake we even posted on our vegan community board - "Please any Tampa area vegans who can help" and the pet pages for Aldo, Tess and Noelle.

Yra! for the catster community for coming together so fast to help these 3. Now may the railroad see you all safely to your forever homes.

Hazel Lucy we even there too posted your contact card (work in progress) site, so that all pet parents can make one and provide for their pets.

If this whole sad saga demonstrates anything, it's the need for providing for your pets in the event of your incapacitation or death.
[notify]

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 5:22am PST 
For Queenslanders looking for somewhere to turn, the QLD RSPCA has a Legacy program, where they will take in animals in the event of death and look to match them up with an appropriate family, based on the pets personality. They endeavour to keep bonded animals together, and provide a reasonable degree of free treatment for the remainder of the pet's life. Pet's can also be placed with foster families if their human is hospitalised.
The website link is http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/howtohelp/bequest/legacy.htm

They also have info on how to word your will. The legacy section is on the second half of the page. http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/howtohelp/bequest/wills.htm

(Sorry, I don't know how to do the hotlinks).
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 6:51am PST 
Thanks to everycat for all the suggestions and encouragement.
As soon as I have any new info I'll post it in my diary.
I think sending donations to the rescue that saves them is a great idea.
After that we can take the next step, adoption.
love to all,
HL
[notify]

Cole (Always- Loved)

Mommy's angel

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 4:23pm PST 
Hazel Lucy,

That is great news about Noelle! Waiting to hear good news about Aldo & Tess too. We were so saddened to hear of their delimma from Louis and Ethan this morning cry Purring for the best for all three.

I haven't read all the messages in this group, but have you thought of contacting Best Friends in Utah ( www.bestfriends.org )? They often take in animals whose owners are deceased and have nowhere else to go.

I have toured their facility before and it's heaven on earth! I have supported them for years, and after seeing with my own eyes, I know that the monies go to a VERY good cause because it's plain to see that all the animals who have no one are so loved and cared for there until the day they die if they do not get adopted. Anyway, just a suggestion.

This situation sure does get you thinking. Thanks for the card templates. That is a great idea and I will be getting to work on those within the next couple of days! way to go
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 6:32am PST 
Cheer Up Friends!
Aldo and Tess were sighted 2 days ago!
They were positively identified by the elderly neighbor's daughter, eating food that had been left near a door of Laurel's home.
We are in the process of finding the professional trap service to set traps around the house. This will require money. I've offered to use my card for the service fees.
In addition, Gimme and Ele's mom will visit the house again later today.
There is hope friends!
Keep purring and praying,

Hazel Lucy
[notify]

Winnie and- Chester

Mom...he just- bounced me- again!

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 7:15am PST 
This whole situation has really shaken mommy, these are all her worst fears unfolding right before our eyes.

One more thing we should all have in addition to the great cards Hazel made is emergency pet stickers, maybe if Tess and Aldo had had these the emergency people would have made sure they were taken care of. And doors wouldnt have been left open and such (we are sooooo mad at the landlord who KNEW they lived there and still opened all the doors).

This is a sticker you put on your door that tells emergency people you live there too.

You can get them free from the SPCA. http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_rescuesticker

Please tell everyone about them. Mommy just ordered them for us!!!
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 8:49am PST 
Posted new info in diary entry.
Please read.
Love to all,
your prayers make things happen!
HL
[notify]

Pepper

Please Save a- Life, Adopt a- Cat!

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 1:37pm PST 
My Meowmy always carries cards like this, there are instructions on the fridge, and in a water proof baggy on my cat carrier (should we get in an accident or have to evacuate in an emergency and get separated).

Another thing Meowmy has is several small color photos of me that she carries or has easy to access locations. She has these in case I get lost, or if in an emergency we get separated she will have a photo to show to identify me (I am not micro chipped). After Hurricane Katrina Meowmy put all this together in case an emergency happens here.

Meowmy always has worried about emergencies like fires or tornados, or evacuations, but never thought much about if her and daddy were to be incapacitated or die. Over the last few days she has contacted her family and specifically asked should something happen would they take me, and told them about where to find my instruction sheets and paper work (license and rabies info).

It is scary to think we might some day be without our Meowmies and Daddys but it is good to see they are planning just in case.

Edited by author Tue May 20, '08 1:43pm PST

[notify]

Baby In- Loving- Memory

Sweet Baby Girl

Purred: Wed May 21, '08 7:47pm PST 
I agree that we all should have something posted somewhere like on the fridge, easily seen, so if stangers come into the house if something happens, they will immediately know who to call or where to take your fur babies. Without that the first thing that will happen is they will be taken to a shelter or worse. That happened once at the vet where our rescue group goes. Someone passed away and had a dog. A neighbor or someone brought the dog to the vet to be put down and it just so happened the vet knew the dog and refused to do it. They took him in and ended up finding a home for him. Just think what may have happened if they had taken him somewhere else. This was a terrible thing that happened to Tess, Aldo and Noelle but it has made all of us realize what we need to do to protect our babies.
[notify]

Humphrey Lee- Haunted

I Was Born In A- Cemetery

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '08 1:03am PST 
What about a living will too? Mommy had always heard that was a good thing to do - she would want us to go to my foster Mommy who is now in Oregon (we live in California), and she has a big big house w lots of land on it and is wonderful with animals. Mommy's friends are nice but not really in positions to take us bc they are for the most part renters who live in places where animals are not allowed.

Very scary to think of this scenario.
[notify]

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8