GO!

Your Emergency Contact Cards (Preparing for Life without Mom or Dad)

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Sat May 17, '08 8:43pm PST 
Our hearts go out to Tess, Aldo & Noelle who are now without their Mama and must move. We are comforted to know that they will be going to a friend's home where they will be loved and cared for and will remain together.

We have a wallet card (contact/instruction) list, but had never even thought of the home and glove compartment cards.
I really should talk with Sweets' shelter too, since on the event that I can not care for her, her adoption contract explicitly states that she is to be returned to them. I wonder if I could arrange a provision with them, that they would take my other two.

I have no family here who could take them and my husband's family consists of his parents (who are quite old themselves)

Thank YOU Hazel Lucy for the actual templates and for raising awareness about this. It sadly is something we do need to give thought to and prepare for.
Thank you and others who worked so hard at this. Thank you for all YOU do for the Catster community. You are all fur-faced four legged angels in natural fur coats.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy,- Charles- Dorney, Ma

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 11:22am PST 
URGENT - need homes for Aldo, Tess and Noelle
I wrote Laurel's brother on facebook and he said Noelle is at animal control. No one wants them. What can we do?
Anyone have friends in the Tampa area? Must act quickly.

Hazel Lucy

Edited by author Sun May 18, '08 11:22am PST

[notify]

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 1:12pm PST 
Already have a catster who will give Noelle a home in New Mexico. Two others have offered a home for Aldo and Tess. I wrote in the Catster Railroad that they'll be needed. Will call animal control Monday about Noelle. But in order to make this happen, need prayer that Laurel's brother will be on board with this. Gave him my phone number.
Please pray that all goes well.
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

T C ♥- (an angel- always)

I am Mrs.- Cagney!!!

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 1:16pm PST 
You can count on my purrrrrrrrs Hazel Lucy.
Let me know if you need me to do anything at all.
[notify]

Julius

Watch out,- hapless mousies!

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 2:46pm PST 
We will be purring for these babies as well, and if any need transport through Arizona or donations to get them to their homes please let us know!
[notify]

Boogers

Tiki Cat should- be illegal, it's- so GOOD

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 6:04pm PST 
Thank you for helping and getting the word out HL! We didn't know the cats, but it's a good reminder to have cards made up. We just finished ours.

We're purring for the cats frown
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 7:34pm PST 
good lord...great idea, but assuming a situation where my roommate couldn't just keep kaya, i have no idea. i guess i'll look into what michigan has to offer...i KNOW my parents wouldn't want to take in another animal-they already ended up with my brother's dog because he couldn't go with tim to yellowstone, and obviously tim couldn't take kaya, he couldn't take buddy...and that's it for family. most of my friends are scattered far and wide...this will take some thoughtthinkingbut it's something i need to think about nonetheless.
any word on whether laurel's brother will help get the furbies on the road? (and get noelle out of doggie jail?cry)
[notify]

Ducky

Professor- Duckworth

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 8:03pm PST 
Giz and I are purrrrring that Aldo, Tess and Noelle can find loving homes very soon. We also are purrrring for their Mom.
Giz and I (and Ginger) now realize how very lucky we are that our Mom's 5 grown non-fur kids love us and would make sure we always have a home. We purrrrrr for those kitties and doggies that do not.
Thank you, Hazel Lucy (and your Mom!) for helping Aldo, Tess, and Noelle, and making all our moms and dads face a really important issue.
[notify]

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 8:12pm PST 
I've been on the phone and going back and forth by pmail and email since 1:30 p.m. Sunday. The rescuer will soon have all the info and will be the one to contact Laurel's brother and go to her apartment.
The rescuer and I will also call animal control when they open to ask about pretty Noelle. Paws crossed that she is still with us.
Should have more solid info by tomorrow afternoon.
PRAY!
love to you all, this is the power of Catster.
But also, don't forget to make your Emergency Cards for Wallet, Vehicle Glove Box, and residence.
much love to catsters,
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Sun May 18, '08 8:12pm PST 
I am going to post a link ot this forum in a couple of groups I'm admin in. Plus my Meowmie is going to post about this topic in her yahoo cat clubs. She has been thinking lately about what to do if there is a fire and her and she and I or worse she, Lily and me were trapped upstairs. She suggests that evfurry one who has an upstairs should try and have some kinda carrier that is grabable fur an emergancy We have a soft sided folding one that can fit both of us in. Even just a simple backpack that mew can leave a hole open in for air is a good idea. Just something that mew can use if mew have to climb down an esape ladder or something like that. .
[notify]

(Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8