GO!

Your Emergency Contact Cards (Preparing for Life without Mom or Dad)

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 4 of 8: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Pepper

Queen of the- Cheetahs and- Wiggy's Wife!

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 3:14pm PST 
Thank you Hazel Lucy for all of the hard work you have put in to helping all of us face and deal with such a frightening time. Mommy says she has no idea other than Paw Paw that would take me. I would be very difficult to place since I do not like people or animals.

Our hearts go out to Tess, Aldo & Noelle.

Purrs,
Pepper the Cheetah

Edited by author Fri May 16, '08 3:16pm PST

[notify]

♥- Kasha- ♥

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 4:19pm PST 
Thank you Hazel Lucy! We appreciate this. Mommy has thought about and seen stuff like this before.
Mommy has no idea what would happen to all of us and what a scary thought.
3 kitties could not be split up. One of them could. The pups could not be split up. Then theres the bird and turtle. Mommy has a card that the ASPCA sent us for Mom to put in her wallet.
We have one person that said we could all live with her. But she is barely in a position to take care of herself and her son. Maybe in a few years she would be ready. And we think she only said that because we would take her human son if something happened to her. And we don't think Mom would want her to anyway.
Everyone else either has too many animals, allergic to cats, or can't take care of themselves enough for Mom to trust them to take care of us.
The Humane Society here does not have a plan yet. And neither does anyone else. There were a couple bird places listed. One cat place 3 hours away. But nothing for pups.
So this is sad. Guess we will have to look into Best Friends!
Prayers for Aldo, Tess and Noelle!
[notify]

Nikko

I like kisses!

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 4:28pm PST 
Mommy has been busy with work and we have been away from catster. We logged on and were shocked and heartbroken to hear about Tess and Aldo's mommy. We didn't know them too well, but know how fun and active they were on catster and feel so bad for their loss.
Hazel Lucy, this is such important information for our pawrents. Even though Nikko and I have a mommy and daddy, something could happen to both of them and they need to think about what would become of us. Who would they want us to go live with? They really need to think about putting something together just in case the worst happens.
We are purring for Tess and Aldo and Noelle with all our hearts. Nikko and Scooter
[notify]

Samoa - Diva Angel

Supreme- Detective &- Beauty Queen

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 6:21pm PST 
Another thing Mawmee has been thinking about recently is when your Mommy/Daddy go on vacation.

Because we don't have any family members living in our town anymore, we have a catsitter. But we have never told her what should happen if one of us passes away under her care.

She knows who our vet is, but we realized we need to give her specific instructions on being cremated with the ashes being returned.

I know this is sad to think about, but Mawmee and Daddy are going to Mexico on vacation and will not be easily reached. So, in case of emergency at home, anyone taking care of us would need to know Mawmee and Daddy's wishes.

These instructions could also be put on the wonderful cards Hazel Lucy has given as examples.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 7:22pm PST 
Samoa,

mom and dad are in your boat. Their nearest living relative is 500 miles away. How they handled vacations in the past is they don't just leave their cell phones, they also leave dad's mom's home number, so that if the sitter can't reach us, they can call her instead. They trust that she would make similar decisions in an emergency concerning me, and of course they told her they were doing this and asked her if she was ok with it (to make sure she would be comfortable making such decisions if necessary). Even if your family does not live nearby, your mom and dad can discuss with them a similar plan.
[notify]

Diogi©- McNoNo

Stop the Hate!

Purred: Fri May 16, '08 10:02pm PST 
We know what you mean Samoa. Mommy leaves us with her human son & irresponsible roomate when ever she goes out of town; however she is always in cell phone range.
The end of August she is leaving for almost 2 weeks to go to something called "Burning Man" shrug (needs to relive her youth or something). The nearest phone service is about 10 miles away in some town. Mommy has been pro active in making a contingency plan in the event that something happens to her, but definitley worries about something happening to us. Especially since she was supposed to be out of town on both of the weekends that Spotty died & the weekend T C died. Both times it was a last minute glitch that kept her home. To say that she will worry about us is an understatement at best.
Mommy also wants to add that when pawrents go on vacation someone needs to know the travel itinerary. If you're driving then leave the route & agree to check in at regular intervals if pawssible.
If you are going to a place where phone calls aren't practical then leave a schedule of when you are expected to arrive, the name of the hotel, address where you'll be etc.
[notify]

Jazzi,- Sunshine- Angel^PAWS^

Sunshine hugs- and love!

Purred: Sat May 17, '08 6:03am PST 
Pawsome Hazel Lucy!!hug
[notify]

Amalia

Saving humans- since 2004

Purred: Sat May 17, '08 11:16am PST 
Hello,

ASPCA also gives free stickers to put on doors and windows; they alert rescue personnel in emergencies like a fire in the building and you are not at home.

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_rescuesticker

bright blessings to all,
[notify]

TOMCAT

MY GARDIAN - ANGEL

Purred: Sat May 17, '08 11:51am PST 
oh thankyou so much for this info ,what a great thing
i will be preparing ,my health is poor ,and we travel all day in california freeways hubby and i so if somthing were to happen we would most likely be together
it has always scared me
i say prays taht g__ keeps us safe and returns us to our presious trixiemae and tomcat at homeshrug yet it makes you so wonder
what ,who where how why
and would those i pick really honor our wishes ,
i also am going to make a pervision of my beloved puppie the wingmakers ashes in her box to be put with me,
i would be so broken to leave them behind
well this is depressing and scarey
but it is another part of being a responsible pet ownernaughty
[notify]

Gimme- (Guillermo- Hemmingway)

I said, I WANT- MY SNACKIES!!

Purred: Sat May 17, '08 8:11pm PST 
This is something that our mombo worries about since she has to travel so much with her job. She made arrangements (and updates them) with her best friend. Her best friend will either take in all of us, or she will take responsibility for finding homes up to mombo's standards if she can not take us in. Mombo has her life insurance set up so that funds go to our Auntie so that we can always be provided for. Mombo says that people need to provide for their pets just like they would the rest of the family.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 8: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8