|Purred: Thu May 15, '08 10:19am PST |
|I hope we'll come together and create a simple plan that anycat/dog can implement. The shock of losing Aldo, Tess and Noelle's mom is terrifying. We send our prayers and if other support is needed, you know we'll pull together for them.
Be prepared for emergencies. What happens if your mom/dad dies? Plan for the unthinkable. Let's create a checklist that can be posted in the home and given to several people so that we don't end up in shelters.
Web page with samples, still a work in progress:
Emergency Contact Cards
Please help publicize the link in Dogster too.
1. Wallet Card (animal name, vet clinic, address, phone, person(s) to contact)
2. Larger Card for Vehicle Glove Box (more detailed info)
3. Full-size Sheet for Posting in the Home
a. Animal Name(s)
b. Vet clinic name, address, phone
c. Contact persons names and phone numbers and their relationship to you
d. Age of animals, whether or not spayed, has claws, micro-chipped, etc.
e. Medication needs
f. Type and names of food and where purchased
g. General feeding times and amounts
h. Type of Litter used
i. A paragraph about animal's personality, shy, affectionate, don't pick up, enjoys being brushed, plays with toys, not active, etc.
4. Know who will care for or give animals a home
5. Inform several people of your wishes in writing so that they know whom to call
6. Put small photo(s) on the cards. Have photos of animals in your wallet.
7. I have given my Catster logon and password to a trusted fellow Catster.
Edited by author Sun May 18, '08 5:56pm PST
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|