GO!

Kitty Koffee Korner

Are you a fan of Catster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome cat site ever! We think you're pawsome too!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Catster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 11:29am PST 
Well, since we hijacked 3 threads, my apologies to the original posters, mol, figured we better start a new one, where we can talk about any
subject. wavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewave

Harvey, you come up with the most interesting topics and subjects, you can start, or any kitty can start. smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

They have the Late Late Show, ours is the daytime version,
All My Kittens. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 12:02pm PST 
Bumpurr, you make me laugh, which is the secret to a long and healthy life! Yeah, we hijacked those threads, and all of us love long posts. Don't have anything to say right now (it's 5 a.m. in Tokyo, and I haven't gone to bed yet), but I'll have something to say soon. Purrs!
[notify]

Julian

CFA Regional- Winner 2009-2010

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 12:27pm PST 
I am definitely "in"smile. Left for the show on Friday night (midnight), came back at 3 a.m.... have to do some chores (no chore boy here, MOL).
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 12:37pm PST 
Julian, MOL, you fit right in here, MOL, and best of all, your a red kitty! wave

So glad you joined our board. applause
[notify]

Julian

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 5:50pm PST 
Thank you, Bumpurr (and for opening this thread, too) - I definitely looooove the company... purrrsmile

BTW,I hope we all (Harvey, you, me) will not be discrimitated by other kitties as elite group for our red tabby markings, MOLlaugh out loud

Bumpurr, do you really weight 20 pounds? And if yes, then how did you mommy carry you to shows? I am almost 11 lbs and Santana is 10 and every time our mommy has to carry us to the show hall from the car she says so many non-lady-like words and threaten to put us on diet because we are heavy!big grin
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 7:57pm PST 
Julian--Be glad you don't live in Japan! I almost always go to the show hall by a combination of biking to the nearest station, taking a subway, and then transferring to a train. The cat is in a plastic carrier on a luggage cart with wheels. The show items (cage covers, etc.) are in a suitcase with wheels. Harvey is rather light for a Maine Coon--at the time I was showing him, about 13 pounds. (I think he's put on weight since then, but haven't weighed him recently.) Considering that I have two artificial hips and usually walk with a cane, it strikes me as rather amazing that I was able to lug so much stuff through the public transportation system. I even went out of Tokyo for several shows. Fortunately, because of my hip problems, I have amazing strength in my arms. But since I don't really have a cat to campaign any more, I don't do all the shows--just a few for networking and buying neat cat toys, shampoos, and cat treats at the vendors' stalls. Oh, I envy those of you who can go to cat shows by car. In the Tokyo area, there's one particular show venue that has no elevator, and requires you to climb the stairs to the second floor. I basically cannot climb stairs without pulling myself up by the railing. Obviously, this becomes difficult when you have a cat and a suitcase. Unless I'm actively campaigning a cat, I've decided to avoid this particular venue.
[notify]

Julian

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 9:37pm PST 
WOW, Harvey, you are a hero! I can't imagine going to cat shows without a car, and usually I have to do 3-4 trips to a car to get all stuff to a show hall. I know I probably can get a cart and I even have one but somehow with a cart everything was even more complicated, so I don't use it anymore.

With persians I have a whole suitcases of suppliessmile - all those tons of combs, brushes, cotton balls, eye drops, volumizes, antistatics, set of different scissors etc. etc. - probably you know what I mean since you saw persian owners in show hallssmile. I also like to take a professional camera with outside flash to shows... never had a chance to use it since I was always either busy with cats or tired... but I'm tryingsmile. Also, litterbox, litter (my boys are very particular about this one, so I have to carry it), then special water bowl with very little whole - I can't afford boys to get their ruff wet. And I take my grooming table, too, don't like to spend money on grooming space...

My boyfriend tried to talk me into flying to some shows and was ready to pay for it - no way I can get my stuff even from cat to the airport, so I have to drive...

BTW, was at the show yesterday, and Richard (Chanan) was there. Yes, he is a wonderful man and a geniuous cat photograpersmile. I meet him at almost every show here because he lives in California.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 4:50am PST 
Any kitty is welcome to join our koffee klub, mol, and start any conversation, don't have to be red, to join in. wavewavewavewavewavewavewavewave

When that picture was taken, Bumpurr was 20 lbs, now he is down to 17 lbs, because the vet said he needed to lose a few lbs. His back comes up to my knees. He is a big boy, mol.

His father is red too, and about as big as a pony, mol, never saw a breed cat that big, and his mom is on the smaller side. So he takes after his father, in color, size and temperment.

He travels in a 30 lb rated dog carrier, he doesn't fit into the regular cat carriers. Used to tell people, gonna have to put him in a horse trailer soon, mol.

He has the true RD trait, very very laid back, and goes limp when you pick him up. He comes out of the cage like a slinky, mol, judges take him out sideways, upside down, however they can fold him out, mol.

They put him on the table, he sits down, and surveys his little kingdom, as the judges say alot, nothing phases him. When they turn him towards the pole, he looks for the scratching post.

More about how I get him to rings, mol, after work, gotta start getting ready.

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 6:09am PST 
Breeders usually don't like to mix breeds, but in your case, Bumpurr, you've got all the good features of Maine Coons and Ragdolls. And you are a gorgeous RED cat! I want you! (But your Mommy would shoot me Texas-style if I tried to take you away from her, MOL...)

Julian--Yes, Persian owners always carry an incredible amount of supplies to cat shows. When I first got involved in the cat show world, I loved all the exotic accessories--cage curtains, chair covers, the works. Each cat is different, but in Harvey's case, the only time he went to the bathroom at a cat show, he used his cat bed, not the toilet I had prepared for him. In general, my Maine Coons, who all share some ancestry, do not eat or go toidy during cat shows. This shows that they are not as laid-back as they should be. Oh, Harvey was a horror when I was showing him, although he's become very attached to me since (he still bops the kittens, though). Nowadays, I take the minimum of luggage. In the last month of Harvey's campaign, I would request a single cage--simply because his main interest in cat shows was getting into his bed and sleeping. No need for food or a litter box. (I have actually had to give him water via kitten baby bottle during summer shows, however.)

Chanan is a genius and a saint. I just sent him an e-mail to thank him for the photos of Elise (good cat, good photos) and Currier (iffy cat, iffy photos--the best he could do). He answered within hours. I envy him--somehow he found a job that makes him happy, but also other people very, very happy.

Hey, this thread is not restricted to red cats or show cats! Come on, Catsters, join the fun!
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 12:54pm PST 
OK, we're going to start a new topic since we're mutts and don't know nothin' about cat shows. Since we're in the "Choosing the Right Cat" topic... How did you choose your kitties? Or maybe more accurately, how did your kitties choose YOU?

I was a foster with severe health issues and mom worked so long and hard to get me better that she couldn't give me up. I helped though - I had a sleepover at a potential adopters one night when mom went out of town but I cried all night for her so she had to come pick me up the next day!

Your turn!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7