GO!

Please vote for Ko by 4/26 midnite

Check this forum for fun contests and the chance to win awesome prizes on Catster! This is also the place for all of you seeking votes for contests you've entered!

Ko 1994-2012

Countess- Blackula

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 9:19am PST 
I made the finals of the "I is for ....." at www.stuffonmycat.com. I am the Indian Princess cat.
Some posters there said my costume is offensive and this makes me sad, as I did not intend to offend.
Will you please vote for me by tomorrow at midnight? Thanks, Ko
[notify]

Velvet- 1992-2008

Grimalkin Power

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 9:42am PST 
I voted for you Ko. Right now you are in first place.

P.S. I think your costume is cute, not offensive.
[notify]

Jack ~My- Angel

Cattitude

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 9:50am PST 
Hi Ko. Being a catster friend, I saw you last night but was having trouble voting from home. Mommy voted from the office today though.

I love your outfit and am surprised so many people are making bad comments. Good luck.
cheer
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 9:59am PST 
Ko, I thought you outfit was great! You are in the lead already!!!

Good luck!
[notify]

Mr. Fez- (Angel- Dreamboat- #25)

Hippie Kitty

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 10:38am PST 
Hi Ko, voted for you! Thought your outfit was cute. Looks like you are currently in the lead! way to go
[notify]

Trixie

Ms. Trix ... the- huntress

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 11:52am PST 
Hey Ko, we voted for you! And it looks like you are doing great!

1st. Ko 27% 700
2nd. Chloe 25% 650
3rd.
Silly 11% 272

As for the costume being offensive. I don't think it is the costume that is offending people Ko? But rather what you named the costume....er.....around these part refering to Native American's as "Indians" is offensive and rascist.

Good luck!

Update: Ew, Mumsie and I just read some of the comments, which are assinine. Don't take it personally, you didn't mean to offend.

Edited by author Wed Apr 25, '07 12:04pm PST

[notify]

Ko 1994-2012

Countess- Blackula

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 3:26pm PST 
Hi! Thanks everyone, Ko here. And Trixie, we did submit the picture with two other suggested captions-"Indigenous Purrson" and "Indigenous Pet". The contest is "I is for..." and will be included in a children's book, and that is why we think "Indian" was used..because it is easier to pronounce, and certainly not meant to offend anyone.
[notify]

Trixie

Ms. Trix ... the- huntress

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '07 8:31pm PST 
Yeah - I can understand. I mean in Canada here, we still call it the "Indian Act", yet individuals are offended by it? [change it]. But in all honesty, to attack you is a bit worthless. I mean who are you that they are holding on a pedestool to be politically correct? [attacking the wrong person]

We're just kitties!!!!shrug
[notify]

♥- Apache

Smile and the- world smiles- with you

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '07 8:31am PST 
Personally people can be total idiots.

I have always been known as Apache, the Indian Princess. I am proud to be me - and if someone thinks it is not politically correct - that is silly.

Are we changing the Words to 10 Little Indians too? One little, two little, three little Indians, four little, five little, six little Indians - seven little, eight little, nine little Indians - Ten Little Indian Boys.

Mom grew up singing that song and it still makes her smile.

We love your Indian Costume - and of course we voted for you.

Silly Humans - they need to learn from us Cats - we have no silly politically correct standards. We like each other for who we are.
[notify]

Ko 1994-2012

Countess- Blackula

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '07 11:27am PST 
Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I won my contest. You can see my winning picture at www.stuffonmycat.com. Thanks again, your pal, Kocheercheercheercheerpartypartypartypartywave
[notify]