GO!

SAVE YOUR PET PAGES!

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Sun Jan 19, '14 10:45am PST 
Although we're losing a LOT with the closure of the Community section of Catster (the only section I ever visit), we can at least save the pages we've worked so hard on. They can't be changed or edited, but at least we'll have *something*. I just saved my pages to my computer.

For those of you who may not know this, I'll try to give you directios. I'm using Chrome on a computer that runs Windows 8, but I know this can be done with previous versions of Windows; I have a computer that runs Windows 7; I'll do it on there later, and post the directions.

From Win8 with Chrome, go to the page you want to save and click on the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right. On the drop-down menu, choose "Save page as"; the SkyDrive will open. At the bottom, you'll see a block with "Webpage, HTML" with a drop-down arrow. Click on the arrow; you'll see "Webpage, complete." Click on that and then on "Save." That will - I believe and hope - save that page on your computer. I just tried it with one of my pet pages, and it worked!

It won't be the same, as we can't add or change anything, but at the very least, we'll have the page.

If/when I can, I'll post directions for saving pages from other OS and search engines.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy - My Angel

Purred: Sat Jan 25, '14 11:09am PST 
Dogster/Catster just gave us a tool to easily download all your catster photos!
Dogster/Catster Download Tool

It didn't work for diaries so I emailed WatchCat but it's quick on the photos!
[notify]

Sherlock

Me, Me, Me, Me

Purred: Mon Jan 27, '14 2:01pm PST 
I would like to save a Thread in the Forums. Hazel Lucy, if you get an answer about your diary question from HQ...please, please post it. I e mailed HQ a question about the thread last week and have not heard a word. Thanks
[notify]

Shadow

Feral No More!

Purred: Tue Jan 28, '14 7:25am PST 
Sherlock (great to have you back, BTW!), you can do a Screen Capture of the thread and print it out. Years ago, when I had many replies to a thread on a pet-loss site, I saved all of them that way. Or you could try calling up the thread and just printing it all from the browser. (For example, Chrome has a small block of three horizontal lines on the upper right; clicking on that brings a dropdown menu, and one of the options is Print. You could try that.) Hope this helps!
[notify]

Cow

Hissssssssss!

Purred: Tue Jan 28, '14 4:02pm PST 
Don't furget that help is available in the All Paws Bulletin group!

way to go

BRUCE (THE- BOSS)

Born to Run &- Born to Moo Boo

Purred: Wed Jan 29, '14 1:40pm PST 
Thanks Cow way to go