GO!

SAVE YOUR PET PAGES!

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

My Sweet- Lady- (Rainbow- Bridge)

My bestest- companion

Purred: Sun Jan 19, '14 9:48am PST 
Although we're losing a LOT with the closure of the Community section of Catster (the only section I ever visit), we can at least save the pages we've worked so hard on. They can't be changed or edited, but at least we'll have *something*. I just saved my pages to my computer.

For those of you who may not know this, I'll try to give you directios. I'm using Chrome on a computer that runs Windows 8, but I know this can be done with previous versions of Windows; I have a computer that runs Windows 7; I'll do it on there later, and post the directions.

From Win8 with Chrome, go to the page you want to save and click on the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right. On the drop-down menu, choose "Save page as"; the SkyDrive will open. At the bottom, you'll see a block with "Webpage, HTML" with a drop-down arrow. Click on the arrow; you'll see "Webpage, complete." Click on that and then on "Save." That will - I believe and hope - save that page on your computer. I just tried it with one of my pet pages, and it worked!

It won't be the same, as we can't add or change anything, but at the very least, we'll have the page.

If/when I can, I'll post directions for saving pages from other OS and search engines.
[notify]