GO!

Hello from the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Tigger

Tigger - I own all the- furniture!!

Purred: Tue Oct 22, '13 5:09am PST 
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have grown up my whole life with cats. I am 42 years old, I have been married to my wife for 7 years so far. I have had 8 cats so far growing up. My latest cat is named Tigger. She is the most loving cat I have ever had. My other cats I had as a child were named: Mikey, Patty, Velvet, Timmins and Snowshoe. Then when I has 11 we got two more cats, Smokey and Goofy.

To give you an idea how much Tigger loves us, last year my wife was off work for about 9 months dealing with an ovarian cyst and endometriosis. When ever I either went down stairs to have a cigarette or do laundry, I live in an apartment building, Tigger would park herself next to my wife's computer chair and not budge until I came back.

Tigger helped me take care of my wife. Tigger knew my wife was in pain and did her best to distract my wife from her pain by either doing things to make my wife laugh or sitting with her keeping her company. When we got home after my wife's surgery Tigger was so happy to see my wife feeling better that she was looking up at my wife and meowing, basically saying I'm happy that you're feeling better.

I myself am dealing with chronic pain in my lower back. I have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc Disease in my lower back. Tigger knows I am in constant pain and does her best to distract me from my pain. I have to sleep on the couch in a reclined position because I can't sleep flat on my back in the bed next to my wife.

There was one day I was really down because of my pain, I was feeling sorry for myself. I was sitting on the couch crying and Tigger jumped on the couch, she could see I was upset so she started pawing at my face. In her way she was trying to say that it's gonna be okay.

Tigger is very special to us, she is a very loving cat who loves to make sure that the human members of her family are happy. We treat Tigger as a member of our family and not just a pet cat.
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Oct 22, '13 1:36pm PST 
Welcome! Yes kitties sure can sense when we need them. My Mom has stenosis & DDD also, so I truly can sympathize the pain you have. Kitties are the best medicine though! Again welcome to Catster & I hope you are both feeling better. I also have a orangey boy Tigger! welcomecat on moonwave
[notify]

Tigger

Tigger - I own all the- furniture!!

Purred: Wed Oct 23, '13 4:43am PST 
Cats know when we're not either feeling well or feeling sad or blue. My wife told me when she first got Tigger she was feeling very sad because she misses her father. My wife's dad died of a heart attack in his sleep in 2002. She adopted Tigger after moving to the apartment building we live in now.

My wife told me how one day she was feeling very sad about missing her father. She told me how Tigger could sense my wife was feeling sad and how Tigger did things like rolling around and acting silly to make my wife feel happy. My wife told me how Tigger curled up next to my wife to show her how much she loves my wife for giving her a good home. After seeing this show of affection from Tigger, my wife started to feel better.

The other thing about cats is that they are good at judging whether people are good or not. When I moved down to Grimsby from Timmins after meeting my wife on a dating website, Tigger took to me right away. She could tell that I am a good person.
[notify]

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Wed Oct 23, '13 12:21pm PST 
Hi Tigger! It's nice to meet you! welcome

We're looking forward to getting to know you and your family through Catster.
hi5

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 7:49pm PST 
Hi,Tigger! wave Welcome to Catster. welcome

Yes, our cats are very sensitive to our pains and can sense our feelings. You've come to the right place to "talk cat". big grin

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Thu Oct 24, '13 8:45pm PST 
Hi Tigger!

Welcome to Catster!

welcome

It's nice to meet y'all!

Purrs,
Gimli, Isis, Tabi, Django & K.C.

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Oct 25, '13 10:49am PST 
Great story! Good thing Tigger liked you; otherwise, it would have been a lifetime of her peeing in your shoes!
[notify]