GO!

Getting to know Catster

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Buster

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 7:05am PST 
Hello everyone! I signed up with Catster last night and have already posted in the Health forum but needed to come to the "get acquainted" topic for some education.

My buddy Buster has received some friend requests and have to say although he/I am very flattered, I don't understand what the "friend" thing is all about on Catster.

Don't want to be unsociable, so I need to ask first, do we want friends and what is involved with a Catster friendship?

Thanks!
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 9:20am PST 
Really nothing. It's just a gesture and your friends are the ones who pop up on your page showing their most recent diary entries, activities, etc. Nothing major. smile
[notify]

Bobcat

He's big, he's- bad, he's- BOBCAT!!!!

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 10:25am PST 
I must admit I expected this forum to be like the spider ones I used, takes a bit of getting used to.
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 7:44pm PST 
Buster, if you go to a Catster's page (just click on the cat's picture), you will see in the box to the right of the main picture, how many friends a cat has. Catster members can remain very anonymous; no one has to reveal his purrson's name.

The Catster forums are used in various ways. You can start or post on a forum and wait for an answer over a period of days, or ... since Catster doesn't have chat rooms, you can join in on virtual parties or get-togethers in the forums like the Super Bowl party we had last Sunday during the game.

Lots of stuff going on. Just ask if you need any help. wave

Apollo,
Catster Moderator

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Wed Feb 9, '11 12:13am PST 
I just wanted to add...you're not obligated to socialize with cats on your Friends list if you don't want to. Friending other members is a good way to make your profile more visible, and it doesn't have to be more than that. It does, though, make it easier to keep tabs on the members that you are friendly with.

In our family, we purrsonally accept all friend requests. Catster also has an option called your Corral, which you can also use to keep up on other members, and our closest friends are in our Corral so that their updates appear in a separate feed from our general "Friends."

Of course, you can choose to keep your Friends list for only members that you actually socialize with, and there's nothing wrong with that!
way to go

We're sending you a friend request, Buster--but if you decide not to approve it, that's OK. laugh out loud

Welcome aboard!
Ben (also a Catster moderator) kitty

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Wed Feb 9, '11 3:49pm PST 
Buster, us kittens, me, Cruiser, Allie and little Kenji woulds like to cordually invites you, to our regular Friday night party. It is in the What I Love About Catster section, under the Late Late Show. We meets every Friday night, starts around 8;30-9;00 pm E, its kinda, who ever gets their first, starts it. wave

We has lots and lots of fun. Us kittens has a kitten tenty, with a big screen TV, and we hids our stashy of snackys in our Dallas blankies. We watch kitten appropiate movies. The adulty kitties makes us our plates, we has to wear bibbys, and little Kenji has to sit in his highchair, and we has sippy cuppys. Then the adulty kitties wipes our messy faces and paw with kitten wipeys.

We hads a halloweeny party, and wents on a hay ride, we goes for sleigh rides in the winter, altho, Apollo, ain't allowed to drives the horsies no more, cause he makes them jump creeks, and us kittens bounce out of the sleigh, mol.

We has pizza and wings, and whatever Cruiser brings, cause he is studyin to be a cheffy, and Miss Pepper helps him with receips. The adulty kittyies roasts marshmellowys for us kittens in the fireplacey, and we makes smores, and makes a messy, and gets them all over our Dallas blankeys.

Please come joins us for the funs!! Any kitty is welcome to come. wave

Cowboy

2010 Battle of Texas Winner and
Home of the Super Bowl XLV in Cowboys Stadium, which was named, after me. big laugh
[notify]

Abbi

Chunk

Purred: Sat Feb 12, '11 8:55am PST 
Thanks Cowboy, but thats middle of night for us lol.
[notify]

Onyx

Purred: Tue Mar 15, '11 8:35pm PST 
#1 cat site for cats & bipeds!

My Brood
[notify]