GO!

"New"ish

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Babydoll

Cattitude!

Purred: Sat Jan 15, '11 8:03am PST 
I haven't had a chance to formally say "hello" yet, so I thought I'd do it now.

I am a mom to three cats: Babydoll (14/15ish), Othello (13), and Ophelia (10).

Each of my cats has his or her own personality, agenda, mannerisms and attitude. I love them all.

Babydoll - she was abandoned in an apartment, so we gave her a home.
Othello - abandoned by neighbors, so he adopted us.
Ophelia - the daughter of the two. (They're all fixed now!)

Babydoll is my number one cat. She was my first pet as an adult. And she is having a tough time now, and is dying. She's got terrible liver disease, just diagnosed yesterday. We're doing what we can to make her comfortable and happy, but it has been hard each day. As the vet told me, every day she's alive is a blessing, so keep on giving her love.

Othello is my dog. He comes when you call him. He plays fetch, and brings his toy to you when he wants to play. He runs to the door to greet you. He would let an axe murderer come in as long as he got some petting. Othello went through some nasal tumor issues almost two years ago, and had a big surgery, but it all better now.

Ophelia is my little cat. The fattest little cat I know. The vet said, like many humans, she reached middle age and put on the weight. And she's not much of an eater - not much into treats or handouts. She's just fat. She's had some topical cyst issues, but they were diagnosed as no big deal. She's very standoff-ish, and only wants to be pet on her terms.

So, that's my fur family. wave
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sat Jan 15, '11 10:38am PST 
Hi there, I'm going to send you a friend request but also a pawmail about the liver disease. I have a website dedicated to me and we have all kinds of information on feline liver disease. We'd be glad to offer you some help and support. Take a look at this page on my site: http://ibdkitties.net/fattyliver.html. There are many things my mom has learned since I've been gone to the bridge. Maybe we can help? You never know. shrug
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Jan 16, '11 8:05pm PST 
Hiya! Great names! I'm new too but for some reason was too shy to do this I just started posting stuff. It's very nice to meet all of you happy dance
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Sun Jan 16, '11 8:47pm PST 
Hi Babydoll, Othello & Ophelia! Welcome to Catster!wave