GO!

We Need A Tech Support Blog

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Tigger

Bam Bam

Purred: Mon Oct 26, '09 11:24pm PST 
I read your posts on browsers and Internet Explorer is still a good browser. But Mozilla Firefox has a lot of flaws in their ports. The speed is there yes and the way they keep passwords etc. is great, but their browser is very open to get viruses and the likes. I would suggest only using firefox when it is not essential and then switching more to IE, but I don't like IE because of the way Microsoft pushes you for updates and some of them updates are garbage they cause more problems than what most of them are worth. But if you get a chance try to use a browser called Opera 10. Opera 10 has great speed for downloads etc. And it is a very secure application. There is only one thing wrong with it though they don't have a pop up stopper or ad blocker like Firefox. There is a way to put a pop up stopper etc. on Opera but you really have to go into the system's folders to change a few things around. Personally Opera when they get it right will be the best Browser and Google chrome is junk, Maxthon is junk. Opera does save passwords etc. In the tools section you can change it to your liking. Me I like Opera very good and secure. But if you have ever used Firefox for a long period of time you see it gets bogged down. That is because of the junk floating around and hitting it's ports. I would love to help you out more on this but it takes time to explain all the details etc. But try Opera it's worth a great piece on mind. Why don't we start a forum called pc cats. I ran a test on Firefox and their ports that where opened where over 12 to 15 at one time. And IE has about 6 to 8 Opera had only 2 to 3. Also what ever you all do don't let anyone put toolbars on your pc it opens you up to junk. If you have any installed remove them wait til you see your speed pick up. There is more to know etc. I agree with that but today you have to be very protective of your pc. It is a great machine but it has a lot of faults also.

Edited by author Mon Oct 26, '09 11:31pm PST

[notify]

Tigger

Bam Bam

Purred: Mon Oct 26, '09 11:43pm PST 
There are even things to know about anti-virus protection. And if you use McAfee there are things to know about that also. Then Firewalls etc. there is a lot to learn today and then cleaners you name it. A lot of things are good but a lot of things are really bad for your PC. McAfee has files in their anti-virus that are really read as malware.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2