GO!

2 kittens found, a few questions. Please Help.

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Purred: Mon Jun 30, '14 11:15pm PST 
First, hello to all and thank you in advance. I have 2 kittens we found them Sunday, June 22nd . the neighbor has a cat and he is not fixed. another stray ended up wandering onto the property and they had a litter last year. This year we think Semore(father) and one of the female kittens bred together and we ended up with these two bundles of joy. Their mother had been gone for a while and it looked as though they were starving. So we brought them in, feed them kmr until we went to the vet. They are five weeks old and eating semi-solids. i/d? the vet gave it to us. other then that, according to the vet they are healthy. my question is, if they are inbreed, will they be alright? Or will they have any serious issues? They seem well mannered right now. They play, eat and sleep perfectly fine. I'm just concerned if they are alright. We plan to have them both fixed so there will be no further chances of breeding.
[notify]

Katie

Purred: Mon Jul 7, '14 11:48pm PST 
In general, a generation of inbreeding won't have any ill effects on the kittens. I'd work on getting everyone spayed/neutered asap to stop the cycle though!
[notify]

Jack

Jack-Jack

Purred: Sat Jul 12, '14 12:49am PST 
Congratulations on your new furry family members! I would take both kittens into your home and keep following up with your vet for shots and neutering/spaying. Good luck and enjoy your newfound bundles of furry joy!
[notify]

Jack

Jack-Jack

Purred: Sat Jul 12, '14 12:52am PST 
I would not worry - they will be fine. Just enjoy them and take things as they come.
[notify]